Thread: props ...... L @ R

Default props ...... L @ R

i have a look around and i cant find any m445 props in R hand ....... is there anyone out there that does stock these or pretty close to ....... i have a twin setup and have resized some x447's to 45 mm but im not confident that they are correct .... i think they are close but would like to try something that is made with hopefully closer tolerances ( or by somebody that has had more experiance than me ) okay ill admit this the first time i have resized props for a twin setup ...... i have done a couple for single ..... with ( well i think some success ) ...... any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

I would get Chris (Dasboata) to size you some 1814's or some 447's. It is well worth the $$. He does awesome work.

Outside of that you have CNC available or PropShop UK should have something. http://prop-shop.co.uk/
    Oops I just looked, Nothing in RH45mm

thankyou srislash ...... after posting this i found the abc prop site and was looking at the 1815-17-45(2) cll and clr props .... im not sure if these will suit ..!!!! i have a set of m442,..... m447 and was looking for something in between

Those are pretty much the HOT props for the time being. You will need some Neg dialed in with those or some weight in the nose compared to what you have been running. They will likely pull a few less amps too. What is your setup Marko if you don't mind me asking? Motor kv/cells?

no worries about asking ..... i have the enzo ( i think you guys call it the fightercat) twin sss 4074 2200kv motors, 2x220 s/f esc's with extra caps 6s2p ..... 013.jpg

Looks good! Well those props done by Chris got me over 100mph with my Fantasm. It was turning an actual 41,000 rpm.

marko: interesting looking drives on that thing... what are they? can you post a more detailed pic of the bottom :)

Thanks Shawn !!!! Marko I can come up with something in ABC that will perform just as good if not better then the M445 PM me if interested thanks Chris
    Last edited by dasboata; 12-15-2015 at 07:46 AM.

interesting you say ......... 001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marko1au View Post
    interesting you say ......... 001.jpg
    Those MTC's mounted 'inverted style' Marko? Good take on the 'what drive fits' issue. How are the pads on that one?

marko: Where did you buy them? Never seen those before... even MTC doesn't come to mind. hmm..

the pads ...... mmmm they look good ... i might have to do some adjustments to them, now that its starting to see some speed im seeing possible issues with the pads ........ early days and ill keep you posted ....

im a newby with abbreviations (MTC) ......... if your talking about the bits out the back that hold the flexes, they are tfl struts ..

i have to be honest guys the idea of using struts was not mine ............ i bought the hull with the struts and rudder mounted ........ which i thought was a very good idea ( thinking outside the square)

i have to be honest guys the idea of using struts was not mine ............ i bought the hull with the struts and rudder mounted ........ which i thought was a very good idea ( thinking outside the square)
    It will be good for setup and prop changes Marko. I put struts on my R-42 for this reasoning.

Chris ................ email sent ....... all we have to decide is what i need .....

Chris ................ email sent ....... all we have to decide is what i need .....
    Not sure I received it did you send to dasboata@aol.com ?

i did send you an email through OSE but maybe that didnt work so i have sent one direct to you chris, dasboata

my apologies peoples the struts are not tfl ....... they where purchased from RCBB here in adelaide. you can get them to suit the 3/16 or 1/4 shafts ...... although i run 3/16 flex's these are the 1/4 drive struts and i have drilled them out to fit bearings to support the flex's

well the props are here from Chris ...... i thought it would take a little longer for then to arrive,so i started to do a few alterations to the pads so it will be a couple of weeks before i get to try them out ...... will let you know how it performs with the new props ...

my apologies for no update ........ im now working weekends so my days for playing with the boat/s is limited ..... i took the enzo out a couple of weeks ago and had made a couple of changes to the boat, so i tried the m442 props that i have first ...... well would you believe that the bec *!***!***!***!** itself, so i havent had a chance to try it since ( still waiting for the new bec to arrive) SO ........ im hoping for this wednesday evening ................ will let you know ..

still waiting on the bec ....... and no chance of getting the enzo wet ............................ yet ..

still havent been out with the enzo ........ fingers xrossed ....... in about 2 days time ........ maybe ..

well the last effort to run the enzo ended in tears ............. not exactly tears, but burnt out both servos within seconds of being in the water .......... no water ingress and i cant quite put my finger on the cause, but i think i had way toooooo much tension on the servo's so i could get out all of the slack in the rudder. ...... so im hoping for another try this coming thurs ... (aust ) .... ill let you know what happens this time ........ lol

Oh my, this is not good. You really shouldn't need much for servos running two as you have there. What were you running in there and is there some sort of adjustment in the linkage? Voltage ok?
    Shawn

newby error ......... lol ............... i had issues with a mono setup with to much play in the rudder and i was determined that i would not have the same problems with the enzo rudder setup, i was using wire push / pull setup with twin servo's ........ now im using rods with one servo ...... we will see how that goes ...

FINALLY ....... got to run a set of batts through the enzo with out any problems .......... on the last decent run i had and with m442 props ....... we managed 115 kph ......., today ....... with chris's props and a few adjustments ..... 1 ) dropped the struts neg another 1.5 mm .... ( last time it ran was very loose ) and also squared up the edges on the ride pads ........ 113 kph ........ i might have the struts a little too neg ..... ( didnt run loose at speed ) ... next time i go out ill try the m442's again to see what the difference is ....... i only have one pair of 6s batts at this stage, so i dont really get a chance to make changes and run again ..