Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought a ProBoat Stealthwake to play with

Maybe this question has already been answered but I am trying to convert my Stealthwake to brushless. I would like to run 2s-3s in it. I have a Dynamite 2000KV motor with a cooling jacket (DYNM3900). The motor has a 5mm output shaft. I'm not replacing the stock driveshaft. Which coupler should I use for this application?

A 3mm to 5mm rigid coupler?

@telcoboy69

I'm in the same boat (LOL)

I might do a flexshaft upgrade still but will first give the stock driveshaft a go. The day I bought it I ran it ONCE, concluded it was too slow for my liking and proceeded to rip out the stock driveline/electronics.
    I'll put a 3660 3180kv (2s MAX I think hehe) marine 4 pole motor in it. (had it in my traxxas blast for a little while running 6 cell nimh). The blast driveshaft and even the nylon U-joint (not the plastic motor/driveshaft coupler, it's trash) can take it. Keep in mind that the blasts driveshaft is roughly 3/4 of the length of the stealthwake shaft and 4mm opposed to the SW's 3mm. Traxxas really should sell it with such a setup as stock, that way it actually lives up to its name hahaha.

Funny enough the stuff I pulled out of the stealthwake will find it's way into the Traxxas blast and it will be used as a rescue rig.

To reply to your question... I will also be using a 3mm to 5mm rigid shaft coupler. The problem with that (for me at least) is that I wasn't able to find one for some time until I turned to Aliexpress and Banggood. Strange that no LHS or even webshops seem to offer a coupler with those 2 dimensions. I don't know it might be a different story in the States. YMMV.
    Last edited by KL0J0; 08-04-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by telcoboy69 View Post
    Maybe this question has already been answered but I am trying to convert my Stealthwake to brushless. I would like to run 2s-3s in it. I have a Dynamite 2000KV motor with a cooling jacket (DYNM3900). The motor has a 5mm output shaft. I'm not replacing the stock driveshaft. Which coupler should I use for this application?
    What esc are you using???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using a Racent 40A esc that came out of my Volantex (Racent) Atomic. I have a Dynamite 4 pole 2000kv motor. The combination seems to work well on 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by telcoboy69 View Post
    A 3mm to 5mm rigid coupler?
    Actually, Offshore Electrics sells a coupler that will meet your needs. I was just looking at it today! Just go to their page and search for the "OSE Aluminum coupler." I assume they actually make it because you can get it in just about any size you need. I looked at the "5mm motor" one since it's 5mm on the one side and for the Stealthwake, you'll probably need the 5mm to .130" It's a rigid coupler. Of course, you can get universal joint couplers as well, but if you use the same mounting plate and can get the motor back dead-in-line, the OSE rigid coupler is your best bet.
    Last edited by sciesielka; 08-21-2019 at 10:24 PM. Reason: added signature
    Info and pictures about our Lindberg PT Boats; Playtron Candy; Racing Runabout; Pro Boat Stealthwake and more! Plus videos of our boats including upgrades, repairs, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123