I purchased the v3 version of this ESC and got around to hooking it up today. Things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped.

I have two 5s packs in series. I have a Tactic Rx and I use a dedicated Rx battery pack. I have a switch harness as well. So I hooked the battery into one end of the switch harness and the other end into the Battery port on the Rx. I then hooked the long Rx lead from the SK 130a HV to channel 3 on the Rx. I left the short Rx lead alone. I turned on the transmitter and then the receiver switch. I then connected the batteries to the SK. The motor began making a lot of beeps, but honestly I had a very difficult time hearing a pattern and nothing in the instruction pamphlet nor online seemed helpful. The motor never spun up but the rudder works fine. I made sure my servo reversing was set to R on the Tx. I also saw mention of green and red LEDs on the ESC but I never saw anything. Where should I be looking on the ESC?

What am I missing here? Can someone explain which Rx lead does what and which one goes where (in the instructions, the long lead looks to go to one of the channels in the Rx, but I don't see anything about the short lead. The instructions seem to be generic for their entire model lineup and the illustrations show a short lead with a switch on it (the HV does not have this)). Is the short lead just for programming? Or does the short lead go to the switch and then to the Rx battery (which would seem odd as the short lead of the ESC has a female plug (pins go into it) as does the switch harness).

I am also getting a spark when plugging in the positive lead. I have read several "here's how to hook it up" articles but they vary widely. I have connected the negative lead from the ESC to the negative lead of one of the batteries. The positive lead of this battery is then connected to the negative lead of the second battery. At this point, I turn on the Tx and then the Rx. When I connect the positive lead of the second battery to the positive lead of the ESC, I get the spark. Can someone please explain, step by step, the correct connection sequence?

I really appreciate your time in helping me get through this.