Thread: Will this work??

Default Will this work??

The esc Im using is a turnigy 60A plush airplane ESC which is 5/8 thick, I noticed thiers a heat sink thats about 3/16 thick so am thinking that could come out, but if I didnt reshrink the esc it would be exposed or can I coat it, if so with what?? I have some black silicon , would that work to coat the ESC??

just removed the heat shrink and found a heatsink on the unit which I took off so that brings the thinkness down to 1/2 in. but still cant see how even a 2S will fit let alone a 3S !! however per above, can I coat this with something if yes what? thanx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most silicone sealants contain an acid which eats the copper traces of PCBs, don't use it on your ESC unless it says it is electronics grade or safe. I have used Servisol and Kaufter electronic grade silicone sealants on ESCs in the past, or silicone or epoxy conformal coatings are thinner ways of getting some water resistance, as is corrosion X or wet protect, re shrinking gives the best anti shorting protection though and can be done as well as any of the previous methods.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.