Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Promarine?

Default Promarine?

Nice looking boats. Who has tested them? Just the manufacturer thus far?
    Noisy person

I was trying to get him to send me a tester a while back but he didn't seem interested.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

They're website makes some bold claims. They might need someone with a reputation to vouch for the performance to sell us on them.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    They're website makes some bold claims. They might need someone with a reputation to vouch for the performance to sell us on them.
    I think you'd be a good candidate and so would I. If this boat is a good and nice as he says it is, I'd be glad to test it and vouch for him. I do talk to mike from time to time and he seems like a good guy and I wouldn't mind helping him. He sounded like he didn't want/need any help getting the word out. I think that's what it's going to take to sell to the guys here...we are no normal consumers here....but we could be a good market for him. I have an oval course not far from my house and I'd like to test an oval boat there. The boats I've been running lately are mainly straight line. I'm pretty sure youve got a nice testing spot too. :)
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I agree Terry VERY bold claims and not very much info. I would not suggest it to someone based on his website info, unless they wish to go out on a limb. The hull pics and step design look interesting though.

Douggie

There is a vid from October around post 65 with him running - Not sure on the power plant used, there was some debate during the club run. So not sure if this is limited power or sss power.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...n-Thread/page3

Looks similar to a Cheetah hull (but totally different after closer inspection), all fiberglass. It has a SSS 4075 motor, Seaking 120a, pretty basic for $589 without shipping.

You could build a 60+ mph Kevlar enforced Cheetah for similar price using TP or Leopard motors, 180a ESC and better all around build.

Obviously they need to make money, so factoring their labor and cost to do business, it seems like a decent deal, but I would not spec a 120a ESC for 6S.
    Last edited by SD Eracer; 11-10-2015 at 04:54 PM.

At least one of our club members inquired about getting one less the SSS setup as he would have run it in limited. Very limited quantities without the full setup. If I was after full P I wouldn't run an SSS. That's the only place for this as sold.

Nice looking hulls and TFL layups so the glass should be pretty good. I believe the hardware is similar to the Genesis. It would be nice to see more shots of it. Like the bottom and the step profiles.

Could be he's not after us RC racer fools. We're a different breed. No offense to any of us. haha Maybe he's thinking primary market will be guys with full scale equivalents. That's a group he clearly is familiar with. Nobody has gone after that market before as far as I know. It's possible I suppose.

We're out of test time up here in MI. We pulled our course this past Saturday. I do have another puddle to play on but the water will be hard in not too long.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by SD Eracer View Post
    You could build a 60+ mph Kevlar enforced Cheetah for similar price using TP or Leopard motors, 180a ESC and better all around build.
    Steve just brought in some twin ARTR Cheetah.

I don't think this is a Cheetah but I can't tell having never seen one up close.
    Noisy person

Yup, just saw that thread for the OSE ARTR Cheetah, looks like a fantastic deal, though I think I would go with the 2000kv SSS. I'll be running twins of that motor in my HPR 115 soon. Just ordered the flexshafts from Steve to complete that boat.

Most of the profile of that Promarine is Cheetah, almost carbon copy, except the top rear end which has a completely different design.

HPR 115 and the Cheetah are two different critters. 11" difference in length alone.
    Noisy person

Anyone got a link...when Google'd all I get is full size stuff.

I'm lucky we get to run here almost year round. Only thing that gets me at this time of the year is the rain. I think it's timed perfectly against me. It's clear during the week and raining on the weekend.

It's definitely not a cheetah hull. He's texted me a bunch of pics of it. If you want pics of the bottom I'll get some. I honestly think it looks like a nice boat and it will ring something to the hobby just like all boats do....more selection. I really like the scale looks. It's closely proportioned to a 1:1 skater hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Anyone got a link...when Google'd all I get is full size stuff.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-MTR-RTR-boats

I just text mike and he's sending me some bottom pics. I'll post them when he sends.

HPR 115 and the Cheetah are two different critters. 11" difference in length alone.
    Absolutely, but we actually have a guy with a Cheetah & another with an Ariane II Mono that runs that motor on 6S with a 180a ESC and been very happy with the results. Fast, cool, not abusive to batteries, and reliable.

For the HPR, I wanted a 6S setup with 2000kv but able to run the 180a ESC reliably, so the Leopard 4082 2000 4-pole was out. The SSS 4082 2000kv 6-pole seems to be a good fit for that based on my group's experiences with it.

This HPR 115 is TheShaddix's old hull, its gone through several motor/esc combinations over the last couple of years, but I expect about 85 - 90 mph on that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I'm lucky we get to run here almost year round. Only thing that gets me at this time of the year is the rain. I think it's timed perfectly against me. It's clear during the week and raining on the weekend.
    Hey, you in Vancouver Travis? LOL
    Yup about same here.
    My two bits here is that I really dig the Skater hull. I've been wanting to do a Stihl Racing for some time now.

These were not copied off anyone's hull or deck. FYI I ran with 2030 AQ motor and still smoked the class except my buddies AQ LO that was set up by me. This is a great handling boat. Trust me, you will see a lot of me around the country debuting and letting people run them. Why didn't I send out boats to test. Well I have 3 . 2 Skaters and the prototype MTR , as I have to call it. I'm not into having my stuff splashed and copied. If it happens , at least I sold a boat . Yes they are fast, yes they are stable, yes I am the only one who has ran it. Lots have seen it run and win. Questionable on the power? I have ran 10 sets of 6s runs on it. Never got hot, never acted funny and ran 67.3 with a tucked drive angle because of high winds . I'm very protective of my design guys. Nothing against anyone. KBB and I have spoken and texted. We will meet in Huntsville and go from there. Steve Miles Design did graphics design.
    I promise you will love these.
    These are not copies, but a design that I felt was needed. No one has done a tunnel like this either.
    Yes I'm new to RC. But I have been racing boats, building props and rigging race boats. I started 37 years ago. So I know how boats and props work.
    beating amsoil boat. 1 race at a time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by skater368 View Post
    These were not copied off anyone's hull or deck. FYI I ran with 2030 AQ motor and still smoked the class except my buddies AQ LO that was set up by me. This is a great handling boat. Trust me, you will see a lot of me around the country debuting and letting people run them. Why didn't I send out boats to test. Well I have 3 . 2 Skaters and the prototype MTR , as I have to call it. I'm not into having my stuff splashed and copied. If it happens , at least I sold a boat . Yes they are fast, yes they are stable, yes I am the only one who has ran it. Lots have seen it run and win. Questionable on the power? I have ran 10 sets of 6s runs on it. Never got hot, never acted funny and ran 67.3 with a tucked drive angle because of high winds . I'm very protective of my design guys. Nothing against anyone. KBB and I have spoken and texted. We will meet in Huntsville and go from there. Steve Miles Design did graphics design.
    I promise you will love these.
    These are not copies, but a design that I felt was needed. No one has done a tunnel like this either.
    Yes I'm new to RC. But I have been racing boats, building props and rigging race boats. I started 37 years ago. So I know how boats and props work.
    Right on, I definitely was wrong to assuming your boat was simply a Cheetah copy with a different tale. After a closer examination it is quite different in just about every way. 6S on a 120a ESC with a 4075 2030kv does seem a little close to the edge, but I can be wrong about that as well.

Thanks for stepping up and building something for the community, I will definitely be looking to adding one of your boats to my fleet.

image.jpg
    I am a World & National Champion Offshore Racer. Still race, but I race these too. I want a product you guys want and deserve. I didn't like the way other boats ran, that I owned. So I built a better one.

I haven't even touched the bottom yet. I saw 73.3 first time out on 6s and my prop . I didn't believe it myself. Still don't. But the guys with our club saw the gps.
    Btw, the esc was 96 degrees after a heat race.

Here's the

Here's a cheetah for comparison. Definitely not a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by SD Eracer View Post
    Right on, I definitely was wrong to assuming your boat was simply a Cheetah copy with a different tale. After a closer examination it is quite different in just about every way. 6S on a 120a ESC with a 4075 2030kv does seem a little close to the edge, but I can be wrong about that as well.

Thanks for stepping up and building something for the community, I will definitely be looking to adding one of your boats to my fleet.
    The new seaking/dynamite 120 has proven to be a pretty stout little unit.

It's better than any previous esc they put out. I've been trying to make it fail. Push the limits so you guys don't have to. That's how I work.

NOTHING FROM THE Cheetah !!! ALL NEW DESIGN.

Nice boats. See the boat in my avatar?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast