Thread: Leopard 4082 &Seaking 180V3 ESC combo for 4s Wild thing?

Default Leopard 4082 &Seaking 180V3 ESC combo for 4s Wild thing?

Hi all looking to power up my 32'' Finch Wild thing mono hull +radio +hardware hull weight is aprox 60 oz i was looking at the ose Leopard 4082 motor & Seaking 180 v3 esc combo for lipo's i will use 2- 14.8 v 5000 mah 65 c giant power lipo's in parralell. Is this a good combo choice ? What kv rating would suite this set up? I have had bad luck setting this hull up for the last couple of season's destroying lipo's esc's and motors any suggestions would be great. Regards Andris Golts.

On my TFL Pursuit mono, I run a Leopard 4082 1600kv with a Seaking/Turnigy 180a ESC on 6S. It does 60mph and runs very cool and reliable with this setup.

If you want to run 4S, you can run a Leopard 4082 2200kv, will get you about 54 mph. However, it its a bit of a amp hog and kinda abusive to batteries. Running lower kv with more amps is usually cooler and more reliable setup.

But if you must use those 4S batteries, it probably would be better to go with a 4074 2200 or even a 3674 2200, should give you low to mid 50 mph speeds with a 42mm prop, like an Octura x642. Either of these setups with run nice and cool on 4S, less abusive on your batteries and still very fast.

Make sure to run at least 5.5mm bullet connectors, ESC to motor and ESC to lipos. I prefer 8mm myself.

First off we need to know what the OP's expectations are for the Wild Thing - like speed and run time. This is a well-designed and proven hull and it runs well if properly set up. If the OP is burning stuff up we NEED to know what his failed combinations were. The problem could be a wet running boat, an improper motor/ESC/pack combination, or improper running. If you want help, don't make us guess!!!
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for