Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: schulze 40.160H pics

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    hobbywing really needs to produce a HV 200 plus amp esc,
    I tried. They were polite but said they were not interested in that market. Probably for the reasons Jay mentioned. ROI on a beast is low.

I've beat the crap out of the Seaking too. I had one setup that would burn the shrink off all the connectors. Speedo kept on chug'n.
    Noisy person

Hobbywing will make special request controllers if you've got the dough. Look at the dynamite escs in the new proboats. Those are seaking 120's with a better cooling block on them. I did hear they will be an 8s hobbywing esc coming out. Not sure of the amps (well I can't say really) but it will be more than the 130 but not quite as much as most of use are looking for. It is a nice esc however.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Jim;

I had two of the YEPs 180's die on me this year...the 1st one they replaced under warranty....The replacement died after a few minutes as well...no smoke, no fire...just died. Both were in a pretty mild 4S2P setup....

Oh well..

I tried out the YEP 120 on my Central marine 52 cat twin. They worked fine for me running the boat, but to have the customer run the boat it had to run wetter and something poped in the controllers.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Jim;

I had two of the YEPs 180's die on me this year...the 1st one they replaced under warranty....The replacement died after a few minutes as well...no smoke, no fire...just died. Both were in a pretty mild 4S2P setup....

Oh well..
    I just had a buddy go through something like this a few days ago. He burnt a sf300, seaking 180 and a sf220. I told him from the get go after he burned a sf300 with a 1521 neu that the motor had an intermittent internal short. He didn't believe me so he put a seaking 180 on it. Ran it a couple times. Burned it. Told him again the motor is shorted. Hardheaded. Bought a brand new sf220. Lasted two sessions and it burned too. Sometimes these things can test fine on the bench but when jarring around in the water the bad part in the sidings short. Just a thought.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Lol.... Ok glad I asked... Guess I won't be buying one of those YEPS then dangit! Thanks for the info as I haven't found much in my surfing on the actual marine controller.... just good stuff on the air version, I would almost bet they work better with outrunners possibly? They were designed for them basically... a lot of guys running them with success with the larger outrunners in the bigger 600,700, and 800 size helis...

What about the Fliers? There are two 400 ampers in my club and they work pretty darn well.

I smoked one of those too..... I don't know what happened... was running a x450 with 10s1p and a tp5670 1000kv motor... seemed reasonable, ran for two minutes 10s2p high c packs... started hesitating... then nothing... brought it in, pulled off the canopy and subhatch and in my hands saw it spark and a tiny eeny bit of smoke came out and it was done... sent it back to fdm just a couple days ago as chris said hed see what he could do, hey if nothing not the end of the world... if he gets it fixed I'll be a happy camper... I bought a brand new fdm boat not directly through him that was ARTR with the controller in in... he was happy to answer my questions on it, and even offered for me to send it in and he would see if flier would help me out as he does lots of business with them... we'll see how it goes...no biggy either way... seemed to work great for 2 mins :)

oh and btw Ive ran the boat since on a Fan/water cooled upfited turnigy monster 2000 200a esc and no problems since... after I ran it a few more times though with the 1000kv tp5670 I put a 600kv 5670 and now run 10s2p with a x452 and its been tuned down to just a 55mph sport boat... that Is reliable lol

Flier, Fightercat, Alien are all the same thing. I had a couple 300's that were horrible. Not sure why. The RPM never seemed to get up. I still have one I might try again at some point. I liked the 250amp version that was in a much smaller package. Ran pretty well. It couldn't take high rpm though. The last one I ran puked chunks of FET all over the inside of the boat at about 65k rpm.

All of the Flier ESC have no water proofing of any kind.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    I smoked one of those too..... I don't know what happened... was running a x450 with 10s1p and a tp5670 1000kv motor... seemed reasonable, ran for two minutes 10s2p high c packs... started hesitating... then nothing... brought it in, pulled off the canopy and subhatch and in my hands saw it spark and a tiny eeny bit of smoke came out and it was done... sent it back to fdm just a couple days ago as chris said hed see what he could do, hey if nothing not the end of the world... if he gets it fixed I'll be a happy camper... I bought a brand new fdm boat not directly through him that was ARTR with the controller in in... he was happy to answer my questions on it, and even offered for me to send it in and he would see if flier would help me out as he does lots of business with them... we'll see how it goes...no biggy either way... seemed to work great for 2 mins :)

oh and btw Ive ran the boat since on a Fan/water cooled upfited turnigy monster 2000 200a esc and no problems since... after I ran it a few more times though with the 1000kv tp5670 I put a 600kv 5670 and now run 10s2p with a x452 and its been tuned down to just a 55mph sport boat... that Is reliable lol
    One in the guys in my club has 2 or 3 of the 400's a few blew up and Chris replaced them no questions asked. He should do that for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    One in the guys in my club has 2 or 3 of the 400's a few blew up and Chris replaced them no questions asked. He should do that for you too.
    I actually bought the boat brand new yet not from FDM... the guy I bought it from got it from fdm and never got the batts to run it... but I will say chris was more then nice about trying to help me get it replaced... he seems to be coming around lately lol... actually I've always had good dealings with him, sad others haven't... of course keeping things from getting in a heated discussion with Chris is key, hes actually a real nice guy in all from my findings... but again, not all can say the same... I'm not a confrontational person so maybe that helps... lol... maybe some would say different about me too though :)

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I just had a buddy go through something like this a few days ago. He burnt a sf300, seaking 180 and a sf220. I told him from the get go after he burned a sf300 with a 1521 neu that the motor had an intermittent internal short. He didn't believe me so he put a seaking 180 on it. Ran it a couple times. Burned it. Told him again the motor is shorted. Hardheaded. Bought a brand new sf220. Lasted two sessions and it burned too. Sometimes these things can test fine on the bench but when jarring around in the water the bad part in the sidings short. Just a thought.
    Thought about that as well, put a CC 240 Ice in it and no issues to date.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I tried. They were polite but said they were not interested in that market. Probably for the reasons Jay mentioned. ROI on a beast is low.

I've beat the crap out of the Seaking too. I had one setup that would burn the shrink off all the connectors. Speedo kept on chug'n.
    They actually do make a pretty juicy HV ESC, but I think it's priced out of the target market here (by "here", I don't mean this forum. I mean our hobby).

Lol.... Now this is funny...

I literally just got off the phone having talked to a buddy from rcgroups who's been an avid hobbyist longer then I and in years past ran the big helis... Just recently he's gotten the FE bug, and I helped him a bit with questions and sold him a castle hydra ice and a castle motor ... Well in talking to him we were talking esc's and brought up schulze escs and he brings up that he used some schulzes in his old monster helis with plett motors... Of course I ask which ones.... He says let me see I might have a couldn't down in my old boxes of stuff... Lol sure enough he pulls out a copper board 40-160h V16 in phenominal shape... He sent me pics lol... I told him he might want to take it out of his old box haha... He said boy I'll have to see I might have another! Haha guess it's a small world.. I told him he might want those for his boats at some point!!! In all he's appreciating having spent the extra money for a real esc now years later :) he's on here at ose now too so maybe you'll hear more from him... Haha I thought it was crazy...in a old box!!! Picture of the text he sent lol... See fellas there more be more left then we even know :) btw he wants to keep them now haha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got my 40/160 ( 1of 5) back from Mathais Via I-care 160.00 Canadian with shipping well worth it. I asked I-care about more 40/160's, Mathias would make them but needs an order for 1000 units.
    Cheers, Jay.

I tried YEP's a few years back and the program card is a pain. I never knew if the setting took. Sold them. The smaller ones I ran in P Spec were nice until I blew 2 up. Of course that was user error though, about 4 or 5 years ago.
    Nortavlag Bulc

You have to wonder what is inside these for $400. They make a 200 amp unit too.... even Chinese escs are going up in price.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...xed_Wing_.html

I still have a NIB T180. Saving it for a while...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hobbyking is pretty shameless as usual. That is a copy of the Kontronik Kosmik line of ESC's. They are $700 and $900 for the 160HV and 200HV versions.

http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?o...id=203&lang=en
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

I'll take the 1000 units PayPal ready!

Jk... My account is $500,000 light dang it :)

Hope you got the esc Tyler and all is well!

Hobbyking is pretty shameless as usual. That is a copy of the Kontronik Kosmik line of ESC's. They are $700 and $900 for the 160HV and 200HV versions.

http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?o...id=203&lang=en
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Jason,

I'll let you know, I am just on a plane heading home from Sugarloaf Key in FL.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Jason,

I'll let you know, I am just on a plane heading home from Sugarloaf Key in FL.

TG
    Lol.. and just so ya know tyler the esc you bought wasn't from the same guy who found a couple of these in a old box lol... but he actually did use them on the same make and model heli even lol, seems the old LARGE Maxi Joker helis many folks used schulzes on!

Jason,

Controller arrived and is great. Thanks. You are probably not going to get this one back

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

jaike5: They sold you a brand new 40.160 for 160.00 cad, or are you talking about having it serviced?

JMScard: How much is he selling those 40.160's for lol. You should probably buy them from him, or have him sell them to me :P

dmitry100,

That was for service, 160.00 Canadian, included shipping, repairs, and .25 cents on the crappy Canadian dollar.
    Cheers, Jay.

The mgm controllers are stout.. And very smooth..i run an mgm on my 5th scale short course and on 12s.. This is a truck that weighs over 45 lbs.. I have ran a xl2 mamba in same truck on 8s.. Lets say it didnt last

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12