Thread: water cooling

Default water cooling

I do not see much if any water coming out of the discharge hole on side of boat.
    I blew the lines out with air but still not seeing water discharge.
    Has anyone ever enlarged the pick up holes?

It is common not to see water exiting the cooling systems on many FE boats, especially at lower speeds. As long as the cooled components are not too hot then don't worry about it.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

If your rudder is trimmed a little one way and the hole is on the side that water is flowing around it (I forgot what side, maybe someone can chime in) then that could be an issue. Also it helps if the slot meets (or comes real close) the sharp edge of the rudder. I drill out my fittings on the ones that have tiny holes. Take the hose off the rudder and blue through it...if it's very hard to get air through it then water isn't traveling very well either. I'd looks for any kinks, partial kinks, restrictions, debris, machining chips. It may help to narrow down the restriction by blowing through the rudder hose going to your first component but have it disconnected....that will give you an idea of how much the hose it self lets you blow through it. Then hook up a hose to your cooling jacket. Blow through it leaving one side open. Same thing with the esc. You can see where I'm going with it. That should be some good ideas to get you going. I alway like water spitting from mine even around 10mph. Fluid is right that some don't spit water out till high speeds but I'm not really ok with that so I make efforts to correct it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

How are your water lines routed? The left picture is how my Voracity came from the factory. The front "U" loop on the ESC was half kinked. The cooling line also exited the bottom of the motor instead of the top. The right picture shows how I rerouted the lines to (in my opinion) fix the cooling. This is how I ran my Voracity while doing a ton of prop testing and I had cooling at fairly slow speeds. You just need to switch the lines around. No need to buy any new tubing. It might be worth a try.

image5 (Medium).JPG IMG_9363 (Medium).JPG

Thank you
    that did the trick , she spitting water now.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    How are your water lines routed? The left picture is how my Voracity came from the factory. The front "U" loop on the ESC was half kinked. The cooling line also exited the bottom of the motor instead of the top. The right picture shows how I rerouted the lines to (in my opinion) fix the cooling. This is how I ran my Voracity while doing a ton of prop testing and I had cooling at fairly slow speeds. You just need to switch the lines around. No need to buy any new tubing. It might be worth a try.

image5 (Medium).JPG IMG_9363 (Medium).JPG

Default Cooling

I installed a second cooling pickup to mine it really helped.I have pushed my stock boat to its max and finally over the speed control amp limit it still stayed cool20151106_095122.jpg20151106_095110.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images