Thread: Id stay clear of this guy, Darren Roberts, member name gofastrcboats.

Default Id stay clear of this guy, Darren Roberts, member name gofastrcboats.

Id stay clear of this guy, Darren Roberts member name gofastrcboats. Hes from New Zealand.

He purchased a neu 1527 motor from us in August. In early September he said it wasnt making any power. After going back and forth trying to help him, he decided to send it back and requested a refund from Paypal. Since he was a long time customer, I ok'd the refund and gave him his money back before getting the motor back. I know, I was stupid.

on Sept 8th he said he would return it, but has personally stopped emailing since then.
    One Sept 12th I received a reply saying that it wasnt him, but someone just checking his emails. and that he hasnt responded because he is away with his child has cancer. I've been waiting since then, no response. I find it strange that a person that emailed me several times a day for many days has all of a sudden lost all communication with the world for 6 weeks.

I'm not a unsympathetic person, but a simple email response would have gone a long way. Now I have to get paypal involved once again.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Ugh sorry that happened Steven. There is always one rotten apple that ruins it for everyone else that is honest. Thanks for the info on this user.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 10-23-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Email is ubiquitous these days unless you set off on something like an Arctic expedition. Regardless of any personal issues it takes very little time to communicate.

Sorry Steven, there are always those few who would take advantage of kindness and generosity that is the mark of people like yourself.
    Using an excuse such as his doesn't make it right at all, I hope you get it sorted out eventually.
    Dang, I hate this side of human nature....

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Steven is there no other costumer of yours in New Zealand ??

Thats a real shame. There are a lot of opportunists out there that only care about their stockpile of parts and growing it as quickly as possible, robbing you isn't a concern. Lots of justifications too and eventually you'll be the one who is being "rude," for asking for your parts.

The best is when people get what they want then duck your calls and emails saying other things came up, its always clear whats going on. Usually the excuses are all the same too, hospital, deaths, etc.

I think this is a good post though it seems quite a few things have happened with transactions going south. Its a fun HOBBY, for recreation and enjoyment away from all of the BS out there. If people are scamming when it comes to toy boats, imagine what crap they've pulled in more serious areas of their life.