Thread: Strange change in motor end play from new. Help

Question Strange change in motor end play from new. Help

Get this. I used a 1200kv 5684 SSS in a 40" heavy Promise hobby mono on 6s2p and that motor could take anything I threw at it. never skipped a beat. Wish I never sold it.

I have a Whip 40 on 6S2p that I have tried 2 motors in so far.

1. TP Power custom made 40mm x 100mm 1250kv.

2. HET 1170kv 40mm x 98mm

Number 1 was incredibly fast and still is BUT, it's end play increased by about 1/16" after first run. This motor also gets hot after running 6 lap races. hotter than I care for. It also heats up the esc's either SF200 8S or SF240hv.

Number 2 runs very well but, only got to run it in cold water at end of Sept. Does not get hot with SF200 8S but, after first run same change in end play.

No end play change in the 5684 motor in a heavy mono that cost me $100 to the door but, these other two in a freer hull all changed. I used a thrust bearing in the TP after it changed and now I will do the same with the HET for next season, I doubt I'll get it out this year again.

I know, I'll get told to stop buying Chinese motors but, they run great and I wish I had that 5684 1200kv motor still. I would put it in the whip, lol...

Sorta wish I bought a Neu I was offered but, hey cest la Vie!

The HET will be fine and it turns the props I like, BIG!

Do you think it's possible that TP power built me a motor that was 1250KV under load as compared to normal unloaded specs?

Anyone else have end play changes in motors?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Cool

This is typical of HET motors in my experience, their axial play increases with use. I haven't opened mine to see why. They are EDF motors and produce thrust the opposite direction we do. But that doesn't mean the motor performs poorly, mine run great as long as they are not overloaded. One club member with the OP's motor in a Q Sport Hydro saw elevated temps even with small props, but by freeing up the boat the heat went away and the boat speed increased.

BTW the HET motors are in a different class than Leopard and TP motors. Made in China but of much higher quality materials. And you pay for that versus the Leopards etc.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hi Ray,

LMT, just say'n ! Was kinda hope'n they would allow LMT in the spec line up.. not happening . there to good a quality motor. there for the best bang for your buck, etc. etc.

Cheers, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Hi Ray,

LMT, just say'n ! Was kinda hope'n they would allow LMT in the spec line up.. not happening . there to good a quality motor. there for the best bang for your buck, etc. etc.

Cheers, Jay.
    Every motor has its place my friend. I have one of Chris's Lehners in a drawer, no worky no more.

-----------

Thanks for the info Fluid. I very much like the HET compared to my TP and yes you can see a vast difference in quality
    Nortavlag Bulc

How good are HET motors? Better than TP's? You know, I asked them before and they could actually make higher KV custom winds.