hey Guys

i ran my 6s rigger today to test a NEU1527 1.5D which i purchased from someone on OSE. The first run was with a stock 1455 and was only on the water for 30 to 40 seconds, the boat was slower than i expected so i changed the prop to a 1457 and something very strange happened on the first lap, as i came around buoy 1 the RPM went up and the boat slowed to a stop. Initialy i thought i had snapped a flexi so i went and recovered the boat, only to find out the flexi was intack, the dog drive was still set, the collet seemed to be done up tight, motor was luke warm. After retightning the collet and checking the flexi i gave the boat another run with the same results, however this time rather than recovering it i gave it 10 seconds then throttled it up and all was good for about half a lap then the same problem happened again, so i gave up.

After getting home i checked the data from the datalogger on my MGM 28026 esc and found some very strange data on the rpm and peak current. The RPM should have been around 28K loaded on 6s, however when the slippage occured the RPM was jumping up to 46K and the peak current 915amps...

Datalog.jpg

A friend recons that the magnets might have be slipping on the axel (8mm)....

I decided to hook the cells back up and throttle the motor up and down and check the data, the data came out as expected for a 1500kv on 6s @ 3.7vper cell. However as i throttled up i small spark came out of the end bell hmmmm....

If anyone could help me i would be much appreciated