Thread: What Esc for tp 1440 kv

Default What Esc for tp 1440 kv

Looking to replace my ESC's that took a crap on me I was running to swordfish 300 with the TP motors 1440 KV my question is can I run the 240 ESC's with no problem thanks for any info

the number of cells you run will dictate the size of the ESC's.
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

Have 8s now

Did you cook two sf300s? They're more capable than the 240s why are you looking into them instead? The sf240 is capable of handing your setup but if more than 1 300 has failed I don't think the escs are the problem.

Cool

What size is that TP motor? On 8S depending on the prop the OP is turning around 37,000-40,000 rpm and pulling in excess of 250 amps. With too large a prop or a wet running boat the amps could skyrocket. Short story, too many cells for that motor, or too much motor for 8S. The OP needs to either prop down or go to 6S or 7S. Exactly what cells are being used? Any pics of the boat, especially the transom/strut from the side? Changing ESCs won't solve the problem. .
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Well I did't want lose 600 on Esc again but I see that 240 are not that much off from the 300esc

Tp 4070/1440 kv. 8s 6000mah 65-130c. Gaint powers packs props are 447
    Last edited by rauldino132; 10-21-2015 at 09:43 PM.

After looking at your "Mystic help" thread from July, you got a lot of good suggestions in that thread, even a few from folks who have made that hull sing. Have you followed any of that advice like lightening the boat with smaller packs, smaller motors or reducing the negative on the stingers? Too, running at 30% throttle is a guaranteed way to burn up ESCs with high Kv motors.

Smaller props will at least help you to start trimming the boat, x442s should get you deep into the 60s if the boat is set up well. Some folks love Swordfish ESCs but every one of about a dozen used by fellow club members have failed within 6 months or less. None were 300s.

I am certain you are discouraged at this point, but it is possible to make these boats run very well if you take the advice of those who know this hull. We had one in our club a few years ago which I watched run well into the 80s reliably. It ran much faster but the pond I saw it one was too small......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I guess I'm going to go with the same 300 ESC's again and I'll downsize the packs to 6s instead of eight the drives there's not much room to put it in neutral unless I cut into the hull recess them in a little bit my first electric boat so I know it's gonna take some time but those motors and ESC were recommended to me from offshore electric to run them in that hull

Don't recess the drives into the hull. I just mounted stock 114 drives and drive angle isn't to bad even without modifying the stingers.

I too remember the thread and all of the people responding to it because of the poor driving characteristics. Did this get sorted out? 7s with a 447 should get you decent speed and the escs should be very cool.

From what I remember the flanges were mounted really high up which could explain the weird driving and "wet," running. You could fill the holes and drop the flanges to where they should be.

It seems you've done a lot to work around problems with this boat, a couple hours of work and you could eliminate a big question mark.

Have the prop spinning out now and it is 100 times better I can actually run the boat full speed and take the turns with no problem but I know it's not the cure from what people say but I will put props back to spin in and tries the 6s when I get The new ESC's in