Thread: Aquacraft P27 Gunslinger taking on water

Default Aquacraft P27 Gunslinger taking on water

I am new to RC Boating and have a new Gunslinger ive run about 5 times in a retention pond in my back yard which is always calm and each time I run it, its taking on more and more water. I even purchased the canopy sealing tape and securely sealed the canopy and the water is still getting in there. And I'm not talking a few drops. I can hear the water sloshing around when I pick the boat up out of the water. The water is completely covering the entire bottom of the battery compartment. What could be causing this leak and how would I go about fixing it? Thanks for any help.

I only get a few drops in mine. I think it comes up the shaft. Is your drain plug seated properly? How about cracks where the stuffing tube goes through the hull? Also check water cooling tubes and fittings. I test a new installation with a squeeze bulb of water.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I only get a few drops in mine. I think it comes up the shaft. Is your drain plug seated properly? How about cracks where the stuffing tube goes through the hull? Also check water cooling tubes and fittings. I test a new installation with a squeeze bulb of water.
    The drain plug is a pain but I do get it seated all the way after I drain the boat. No cracks on the hull. Will try the tubes next. If they're leaking are replacements fairly easy to find? I'm new to the RC boat world so I'm not familiar with them enough yet to know what's easy and not easy to find when it comes to replacement parts. Thanks again.

I'm not familiar with your boat, but I've put my boats in the bathtub to see if water seeps in.
    To tests the cooling system you could also try plugging the water outlet with your finger and blow through the water inlet tube to see if it holds pressure. This works well after a run because water will bubble out of any unknown openings.
    I've found that most of my large water leak problems are due to a poor fit of the cooler around the motor.
    For replacement parts I would start right here on Steve's website, he sells most of what you'd likely need to replace.
    But most likely you can fix your leak with a little time and troubleshooting.
    Good luck!!!
    This is NOT a toy?!?