Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct 3 & 4.

Default Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct 3 & 4.

The D2 closer is only 4 weeks away!

All IMPBA classes for SAW and 1/3rd Oval, 8am-dark. Come and go any time, flat $25 to register, run as often as time permits.

Map of Thread Lake, we're at the north end of Orville St., north of McKinley Park:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Vg&usp=sharing

M6 where we stay, under $40/nt:
    http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...=&dDa=&CP=&TA=

Here's some pix from past events:
    http://gallery.intlwaters.com/index.php?cat=10068

Come run the big water!

Chris Krawczyk's P Mono:

Only 2 weeks!

Won't be long now.

Not sure what days we'll be out but Tyler and I are coming out to play boats with ya.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Not sure what days we'll be out but Tyler and I are coming out to play boats with ya.
    Good deal.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Awsome!

Kids under 17 free BTW...
    Last edited by Terry Keeley; 09-25-2015 at 09:36 PM.

I'm looking forward to it Terry. There are a few guys with fast electric boats coming to this one, so bring lots of record forms! If conditions allow I can see a few records falling this weekend!

I have the boat for P mono. Not sure I have the skill.
    Noisy person

We got the course all set up today and the park is looking better than I've ever seen it.

Unfortunately it's still blowing hard out of the NE (bad direction for T. Lake) and forecast to be that way all day tomorrow.

We'll be there for a bit during the day but will likely cut our early, Sunday might be better.

For live updates you can call or text me at 954-598-2812.

At least the rain forecast went away.
    Noisy person

You going to be there early tomorrow Terry K.?

Yup, we'll be there early tomorrow am, prolly be up and running at 7am.

See ya then!

Today was a wash, hung out at the pond for a bit but the wind never gave up.

Aviation forecasts say the wind is supposed to let up significantly tomorrow to only 10 mph but still out of the east. It won't be ideal but we should get some running in tomorrow. We'll be there bright and early and hope to be all set up by 7am,

If you got something fast come early. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Aviation forecasts say
    Hey wait.... I thought you were a "heavy equipment operator"....

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Hey wait.... I thought you were a "heavy equipment operator"....
    Ya, at the airport...

Saturday was ocean conditions. Nobody even tried.

I wonder if the wind ever laid down in the late afternoon yesterday for the SAW boys.

The only record I know of was Tyler's N Sport 2 lap.
    Noisy person

Never layed down completely but Keith Kirchen took a shot and made the fastest one way pass ever at Thread Lake at over 122 mph.

With the backup he upped the T cat record to 119 and change, video and pics to come, on my way to clean up our equipment and get them back to Mikey Ross' place.

BTW, did Tyler's head fit through the door after taking the 'ol man's record?
    Last edited by Terry Keeley; 10-05-2015 at 09:59 AM.

I used some butter and a hammer. Had to go in through the garage though.

Still trying to teach him to take a compliment too. Mike told him a couple times his driving looked pretty good. To which Ty replied "I know". Tool.

Less than ideal conditions but we still got some good runs in and had a great time. Thanks for doing what you do Terry.
    Noisy person

A challenging weekend to say the least, again, a huge thanks to my FAST brothers Mike, Mark & Mikey, without you these events wouldn't happen.

The wind eased off Sunday to about 10 mph but stayed out of the the NE making it runnable but barely.

Young Tyler Davis stole his dad Terry's N Sport Hydro record running 31.498 sec. He actually beat it on an earlier run by a tenth of a second but doing the math didn't have the required 1/4 mph. Congratulations Ty!

Mark Ashbaugh ran the big water for the first time with his S cat and earned his 90 patch running a best speed of 93.946 mph. See ya next year Mark!

Art Jayne and Mike Caruso came over from Chicagoland and Art earned his 80 patch with an 81.139 mph pass.

Joel Mertz finally got that 100 mph patch he's been after running 101.215 mph breaking the hull up in the process.

But the highlight of the weekend was Keith Kirchen's final hour T Cat runs just before dark. Keith made the fastest pass ever recorded at Thread Lake with a 1.842 sec or 122.150 mph blast. With the backup Keith upped the T Cat record to 119.936 mph. He said his goal it to run a 1.7 something pass, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

More photos here: http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbn...um=1188&page=1

Also have some video (including Keith's 122 mph pass) to come...
    Last edited by Terry Keeley; 10-07-2015 at 11:35 AM.

I didn't go Saturday, and just sat around and hung out almost all of Sunday. Mother nature didn't provide a lot of time for fast boats this weekend, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles, especially this time of year. Thanks to Terry Keeley and crew, I had a good excuse to get together with a bunch of guys I don't get to see that often. We're really fools for not getting together more often...great group of guys.

Mark A. ran at his first ever SAW event and put up an impressive 94mph with his HPR 06; not bad for a first event! Joel ran 101mph through the lights with ease before I arrived but later suffered a nasty crash after the water picked up a bit. Congrats to Joel for putting up three digits in questionable conditions! Shawn had his 33" mystic that seriously hauls the mail but just didn't get the water it needed. And, the biggest congrats to Tyler for taking the N2 record away from the old man. How cool is that?

There were also a few impressive boats that made a bunch of noise and ran in circles, and a couple electric riggers that got it done too. Unfortunately one boat was lost, hats off to Terry for spending what must have been an hour or more trying to find it while nobody was running (unfortunately no luck).

Joel took video of my T-cat running last night, I'll find a link and post it here.

Last edited by Terry Keeley; 10-06-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    That one hurt. Thanks to Terry for his quick reaction time and getting to my sinking boat to save what was left just as she went under.

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I understand that my driving here sucks guys. Although it doesn't look as much in the video, it was getting dark and tough to see the boat far away, hence the really short run-up.

Going the other way, even worse driving, I know..

Glad to see you were able to get some runs in on Sunday. Was there on Saturday hanging with Terry the wind didn't stop blowing across the water all day. Will have to try
    in the spring again.

Jack
    :canada

Hey Terry,

My whole family is asking if there's video of Ty's run. Did you get anything? Sure would like to get a copy of that file if ya did.

We took one on Ty's tablet but it sucks. The resolution on that thing is horrible.
    Noisy person

Congrats on the records guys especially to Tyler for earning bragging rights which I have no doubt Tyler will exploit to the fullest. The flip side to poor conditions is the chance to talk and learn from other competitors.

We did a lot of that in Huntsville this weekend too.

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Couple pics of Terry D. and Mike B. running.

Last edited by Terry Keeley; 10-06-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast