Thread: Help want to know if i can upgrade my blackjack 26...

Default Help want to know if i can upgrade my blackjack 26...

hey i want to know if its possible to upgrade my blackjack 26 from one brushless

motor to two of them and if its possible what are the other parts will i need to do all

of this including the lipo batteries, esc etc.

If its not possible can some one please tell me how i can get more speed out of my boat with what brushless motor etc.

It's possible and its been done. It will take a lot of$$$$$$$
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

Quote Originally Posted by shadow9823 View Post
    hey i want to know if its possible to upgrade my blackjack 26 from one brushless

motor to two of them and if its possible what are the other parts will i need to do all

of this including the lipo batteries, esc etc.

If its not possible can some one please tell me how i can get more speed out of my boat with what brushless motor etc.
    changing the hardware to better quality, blueprinting the hull, lowering the CG and volting up will give you a good deal of more speed
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

so if it's not a problem can you tell me or show me where i can begin like steps to take from start to finish

so if it's not a problem can you tell me or show me where i can begin like steps to take from start to finish

We have guys running in the 45 to 50 mph here on this site and most have threads on the builds. Im just building one now should be running next week.

alot of great info in this thread here:

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=3044

Default re blackjack twin brushless

my blackjack did 50mph all bone stock except for adding an octura x642 prop and running it with 6s lipo.

i can only imagine how quick it would move with twin brushless motors and upgraded hardware.

yeah i know thats what im looking to do if im successful nothing should go wrong with the boat or back to the drawing board

yeah i know thats what im looking to do if im successful nothing should go wrong with the boat or back to the drawing board
    that is half the fun of this hobby! the experimentation, that is also how you learn!

Brian

yeah true.

Quote Originally Posted by thrashmetal View Post
    my blackjack did 50mph all bone stock except for adding an octura x642 prop and running it with 6s lipo.

i can only imagine how quick it would move with twin brushless motors and upgraded hardware.
    6s Lipo? I thought the stock esc can only handle 4s lipo.

Default re blackjack brushless

i thought the esc could only handle 4s lipos because thats what a pro boat tech told me on the phone.

then after i talked to him i saw several guys on you tube running 6s lipo in their blackjacks . decided to try it and see how it performed. im thinking if i nuke the esc pro boat wont warranty it but ive got a new castle hydra 120 which can safely handle 6s lipo.

so what are you saying that the stock esc can run 6s lipo even thou its not recommended

I was able to run 53 mph with an ammo 2300 on 4s with upgraded hardware and a modified 642 prop. The same setup gave me just under 52 with 12 nimh batteries. you can always run bigger motors but you will need to upgrade the hardware to handle the extra power. I think I was getting 45 mph on 12 cells with the stock motor. The biggest thing is to play with the setup. I ran my hull very loose and alot of people won't run like that. The reason why is it becomes very easy to blowover.

Here is a pic of the boat running about 50 mph.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice so give me the rundown of every thing, i'm on a budget what motor brushless motor can i get a long with hardware upgrade to get about 40-60 mph?

There is a BIG diference between 40 and 60 mph!!!!!! It will run 40 with the stock stuff and a prop change. Fullers cat hardware is the way to go for better handling. With that, a prop change, and the stock motor/esc, Mid 40s are possible.

What is your budget??
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

around $150 to 250

Shadow- if you will just browse through this forum, there are many many conversations about the different hardware, props, motors etc. that people have tried. There are several different schools of thought on which is best. General concensus of opinions says that the fullers cat hardware with an octura x642 prop is the favorite. You also didnt mention what batts you have. If you dont have lipo, get those first, thats one of the biggest things you can do to get started. But look through all these threads on here and make your own opinions.
    Yes its fast, yes it will go far away, yes its expensive. No you cant try it.

around $150 to 250
    With that amount, I would get some lipos.
    If you already run them, get fuller cat hardware, and a prop. You don't realy have enough for a "build" into the 60s, and thats not enough for a twin build!! I think you would be suprised how fast it can go with the stock motor/esc, harware/prop, and some tuning. Look around on here. Try doing a search. You will get all the info you need to make it faster within your budget.
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

Spot, youre right bro. My bj went 43 on bone stock everything with 4s. I played with the setup a lot (balance, hull scuffing, esc prog, etc.) and was very impressed to be an rtr. Since then i added a 642, and got even a few more mph out of it. Very impressive. Now that the season is over, im gonna change out the drive-line, but not for speed reasons, just want to turn the damn thing!! Anyway, my point is, the stock stuff tweaked a little here and there really will get the boat pretty dang close to its physical speed limitations.
    Yes its fast, yes it will go far away, yes its expensive. No you cant try it.

I agree with the above. Lipos, a prop and some tweaking should get you more speed and a good place to start. If you are new to FE then try those first to get a good feel for driving as the speed increases will really test your skills.

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    I was able to run 53 mph with an ammo 2300 on 4s with upgraded hardware and a modified 642 prop. The same setup gave me just under 52 with 12 nimh batteries. you can always run bigger motors but you will need to upgrade the hardware to handle the extra power. I think I was getting 45 mph on 12 cells with the stock motor. The biggest thing is to play with the setup. I ran my hull very loose and alot of people won't run like that. The reason why is it becomes very easy to blowover.

Here is a pic of the boat running about 50 mph.

iam just in the process of swapping out my stock ESC and Motor
    i have the AMMO 2300 and an Etti 150 esc but iam wanting to know what is the pole count for the AMMO 2300 and what lipo's do you think will do this set up justice ? also have the fullers fitted with a x642 and your 4 cell run in parallel ?

Default re blackjack brushless

the stock motor in the blackjack brushless is a great motor. ive been running mine on 6s lipo and the motor isnt even getting very warm.

the only issue ive had is with the stock esc having to be reprogrammed with my programming card every 3-4 runs.

using an octura x642 prop and the thing is very fast. i just need to upgrade my hardware from the stock plastic to the fullers aluminum setup and ill be set.

Wow! 6s on stock esc, I might have to try that..

Thrasmetal, what kind of batteries are you using specifically? I am wanting to go bigger than 2S when I jump into Lipos...

Default re lipos

im using a flightpower evo 3s 3700 and an apogee 3s 3800 in my blackjack brushless.