Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ** New Zelos 48 Brushless Large Scale Cat From Pro Boat**

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    That's great to hear! Is this still with the stock electronics?
    Yes Rafael still stock electronics. Esc was 108 and motor was 80 degrees after a battery pack. I'm not sure how much more speed the zelos can take at 60mph the wind wants to get under the hull and flip it. I couldn't go full throttle for more than a couple of seconds. When the water is warmer I will be more daring. Just don't feel like getting into 50 degree water to fetch my boat lol

I'm really glad to see that you're giving the stock electronics a chance, allowing them to prove themselves.

As far as speed, I've had that hull over 65 mph, in early testing. I don't know where you're placing your batteries but that's why I made the trays go so far in to the hull; to allow for the weight it be shifted forward as the nose gets lighter with higher speeds. Of course, 8s, 2P helps settle the boat at speeds over 60 too.

Glad to see you're having fun, but I hope you never swim to retrieve your boat.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

I'm really glad to see that you're giving the stock electronics a chance, allowing them to prove themselves.

As far as speed, I've had that hull over 65 mph, in early testing. I don't know where you're placing your batteries but that's why I made the trays go so far in to the hull; to allow for the weight it be shifted forward as the nose gets lighter with higher speeds. Of course, 8s, 2P helps settle the boat at speeds over 60 too.

Glad to see you're having fun, but I hope you never swim to retrieve your boat.
    I have my batteries almost as far up front as they can go. What is 2p?

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    I have my batteries almost as far up front as they can go. What is 2p?
    (2p) 2 parallel

Enjoy the proboats I have, was hoping for a 36 inch cat not going to be made by the looks of it nice job but won't buy this boat...

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Enjoy the proboats I have, was hoping for a 36 inch cat not going to be made by the looks of it nice job but won't buy this boat...
    Please share this inside information about a 36 inch cat never going to be made.........
    Rafael Lopez

Please share this inside information about a 36 inch cat never going to be made.........
    This must be a hint........
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Lol. Make what you want of my comment, but unless you hear it from me, never is not an option.
    Rafael Lopez

Ok maybe I was a little quick with my thoughts. Makes sense that a F.E. boat being made from a previous hull good business, boat is beautiful just to big for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Ok maybe I was a little quick with my thoughts. Makes sense that a F.E. boat being made from a previous hull good business, boat is beautiful just to big for my needs.
    Hope the next one isn't too fast, if that's even a thing.

Already said too much.....
    Rafael Lopez

Rafael,Are there any plans to offer the Zelos hull in any other colors??
    Dan Mead
    NAMBA #1888

Hope the next one isn't too fast, if that's even a thing.

Already said too much.....
    Nope, just the 48" would take to big of turns for the pond I use.

Mike, I'm just giving you a hard time, in good fun.

DRMead, not at this time.
    Rafael Lopez

I know this set up can ran 8cell but what can the motor take Can it take like 12cell

Quote Originally Posted by rilo64 View Post
    I know this set up can ran 8cell but what can the motor take Can it take like 12cell
    I don't think it would be a good idea to try it. These big can motors like this are usually reliable to about 30k rpm which on 8s is about that rpm. You could push it to 10s if you wanted to chance it as I'd imagine it may hold up for a few passes. I think you'd be better off putting a heftier esc in it and more prop if you desire more speed. 9s may not be too bad on it but Raphael likes to push things and if it's setup to run 8s, that's probably it's reliable limit.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

We never tested anything over 8s on the motor. Like Travis mentioned, I wouldn't recommend it.
    Rafael Lopez

You said you had one @ 65 Can you tell me what you did & part numbers

Rilo64, I did get a boat that fast during the "push it to burn it" testing of the ESC and motor. I think I ran a 56 or 58mm x4 series prop with the stock electronics to get there. Not something I would recommend though, as there are far more efficient ways of getting there. I never burned and ESC but I did manage to get it in to thermal cut off plenty times and the LiPos also got extremely warm. What I'd recommend if you want to run a large prop for more speed is working it, or having it worked. Back cutting, detounging, and sometimes both, works well for getting the benefit without over amping the system.
    Rafael Lopez

Mike, I'm just giving you a hard time, in good fun.

DRMead, not at this time.
    Rafael,Thank you sir.
    Dan Mead
    NAMBA #1888

What is the best prop for this boat on 8cell for the best mph, I new to boats so I need part number Thanks

would this boat run a 6 lap heat race on 8s1p 5000mah ?
    and how much left in the packs if so ?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

What would make this boat go side to side @ top mph. I had 2- 4cells all the way to the front with the 1.4x2.0 prop on it.

You are describing what sounds like prop walk ,which usually is a sign of too much torque from the prop. The larger prop was never really intended to be run on 8s, though the ESC can handle it quite easily. It's intended for 6s. If you are looking for more speed while using the smaller prop and prevent prop walk, you can always raise the timing, as long as your LiPos can handle the extra load, and you feel comfortable doing so. The timing on that ESC is set at 7.5, which you can change to 11.5, but no more than 15*.

If the larger prop is not balanced, it could also be causing problems via too much vibration. If you have the means to, detounguing it of relief cutting it, sometimes both, will do away with what you are experiencing.

It's really quite a light hull for its size, so it doesn't take much to upset the balance. If your set on running larger props to get more speed out of it, I suggest adding some weight to it to help keep it planted so that the torque from the prop doesn't effect it so easily.
    Rafael Lopez

Can someone do me a favor and give me the Zelos 48 box dimensions and possibly the weight of the box with boat please? I may be purchasing one slightly used and need this info to calculate the shipping cost. Thanks in advance

Weight of boat and box is about 20-22 pounds, depending if they are using both the shipping box and the inner carton. Box is 57"x23"x15"
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    would this boat run a 6 lap heat race on 8s1p 5000mah ?
    and how much left in the packs if so ?
    thanks
    would like to know if 5000mah would last a 6 lap NAMBA race
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Will this boat/esc work on a 7S setup? The chart in the manual for the esc doesn't show a 7S configuration but does show auto detect. I know 7S is not common, but since I already a pair of 3S 5000mah 65c I was thinking of buying a pair of 4s 5000 65c and run a 3s+4s in series on one side and another pair on the other side then run them in parallel to the esc for 10000mah 7s. Will this work? Will it detect 7s?

The specifications for the ESC say 2-6s. Anything over 6s will throw the ESC in to safe mode; it will not arm. Auto detect refers to the cells the ESC is rated for, which is why 7s is not on the list.

*Edit*
    When I answered the question I did not realize this was in regards to the Zelos 48. I got the notification via email, blindly clicked the link, and answered the question thinking this was a question regarding the Zelos 36. My apologies.
    Last edited by Rafael_Lopez; 02-23-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Rafael Lopez

The specifications for the ESC say 2-6s. Anything over 6s will throw the ESC in to safe mode; it will not arm. Auto detect refers to the cells the ESC is rated for, which is why 7s is not on the list.
    The esc will work on 8s Rafael. This is the zelos 48 thread not 36

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast