Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ** New Zelos 48 Brushless Large Scale Cat From Pro Boat**

Thanks, it means a lot that I'm able to bring some progress to the brand.

As far as a larger V, well as of now I hadn't been asked to develope anything, yet. The issue I see with it is that it would need to be lower KV and higher voltage, which presents an issue for the "average" consumer. But, you never know. I say this because it's typical that Vs draw more current with an equal system from a cat being that they're cutting through water displacing it, over a cat riding over it. Could you imagine the Voracity 36 internals in a 36" cat? Would easily do close to 60.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

So do you have a BlackJack/Miss Geico 36 in the works??

Unfortunately, no.
    Rafael Lopez

Two new very nice cats, two new very nice Vs, any chance a hydro is next? It has been a while. Keep up the great work.

What I can tell you is that I have free reign to develope or look for viable new products that will suit the Pro Boat line, and will be successful. This means possibly sourcing products from vendors that hold high standards and can deliver what they promise. But, sometimes the limiting factor is bringing out new products that will impact existing ones.

Trust me, I'd love to bring all the requests that I get to market ASAP. But sometimes, it doesn't make since to saturate the market with every product possible, at one time. There is a lot of inner structure within Horizon that limits products and their release.

In little words, patience. I'm working on many good products to come. I'm listening to what you and the market, as a whole, is asking for.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Thanks, it means a lot that I'm able to bring some progress to the brand.

As far as a larger V, well as of now I hadn't been asked to develope anything, yet. The issue I see with it is that it would need to be lower KV and higher voltage, which presents an issue for the "average" consumer. But, you never know. I say this because it's typical that Vs draw more current with an equal system from a cat being that they're cutting through water displacing it, over a cat riding over it. Could you imagine the Voracity 36 internals in a 36" cat? Would easily do close to 60.
    Thank you for the reply good Sir! Indeed, with all things equal, the Deep V's do require higher voltage for the increased resistance inherent with the Deep V design.

Quote Originally Posted by shua View Post
    So do you have a BlackJack/Miss Geico 36 in the works??
    Oh man, you took the words right out of my mouth for my next inquiry! This is what I was thinking was going to be the next release. Seriously though, a 36" Catamaran would be awesome.

42" Deep Vee...okay, I'll stop!..., however, again, the Voracity 36" is an excellent size to handle some not perfect waters and I can't tell you enough how much of a blast that thing is to run with a little chop!

will you make a 36 inch cat??

Not plans of as of now.
    Rafael Lopez

Rafael Is it the motor or esc that limits the boat to that small of a prop? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Rafael Is it the motor or esc that limits the boat to that small of a prop? Thanks
    Quite a few actually.

I didn't include a larger prop or one with more pitch because I wanted this boat to be just fun enough, but not blow up after a few runs; out of the box. I don't like to run any ESC with no buffer. I could have brought the boat to market with a label that said 60+ on the box but that would have been nearing the ESC's 160A continuous limit. Not something I was willing to do. I rather leave 30-40 amps on the ESC for people to play with props. I think I've said this before, no manufacturer label's their ESCs at their maximum rating. We rate them at 80% of maximum, leaving room for the ESC to thermal before blowing up. So if a customer wanted to push the ESC to 160a continuous, they could, at their own risk, knowing it's running at 80% of its total amperage and risking burning it up. The ESC temps at 102* and the motor at 101*. It's not a hot system by any means.

The limiting factor that I found was batteries, honestly. I ran a X453/3 blade prop the other day to see if I could finally blow up the ESC. The ESC never went in to thermal protection mode but my LiPo temps did go up by 20-30* and the ESC and motor got up to 135*.Of course, I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this without knowing you are pushing the system beyond what we intended.

The motor we know is good to 10S. The ESC is too, but we limited it to 8s. It wont arm with anything over 8s.

That may not be the exact answer you were looking for, but I feel I have given you enough information for you to decide what might be the limiting factor if it were your boat.
    Rafael Lopez

Good to know you put headroom into this system for better life and for us to play with
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

We are definitely listening to our customers and learning from our previous experiences, coupled with the fact that our electronics are being proven to be far superior than anything we have used in the past.
    Rafael Lopez

Great explanation Rafael, I think you said it pretty clear and we can now play at our own risk with some example of what you have done already.

Can you guys make another jetski please!
    Hawaiian Tunda

Boats landed yesterday. Checked them this morning, back orders will ship out ASAP.
    Rafael Lopez

Mine will be here Tuesday!

Mine will be here Tuesday!
    Awesome! Please let us know what you think.
    Rafael Lopez

Just got the boat and the you can fit a person inside the box. The box is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    We need more info than that Paul!!! Congrats!
    Haha I didn't even get a chance to open the box yet. But I can tell you that i already have a leopard 56110 950kv motor and mgm 250amp esc for it!

Geesh! You're really going to get after it! Can't wait to watch your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    Geesh! You're really going to get after it! Can't wait to watch your progress.
    I'm going to run it stock this weekend and GPS it. I won't install new motor and esc until I get my new props in I ordered an abc2115 for it.

Ran the zelos today with the 1.4 x 2.0 prop through 2 battery packs. The highest speed i got was 53 mph motor temp was 72 and esc was 90. With those temps it looks like I can definitely prop up. Should i stay with 1.4 pitch props?

Ran the boat with a prepped abc 1915 and got 51mph. I got a 2215 that i will test on sunday

Ran the zelos today with a abc2215 and got 60mph!

That's a pretty big jump! Good stuff, I wouldn't expect the 1915 to do well on that hull anyways. Don't hurt to try it tho!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Definitely another vote for a 45in+ hydro hull. Been looking for ages for an option that won't break the bank. As the larger mono and cat hulls are better for standard lake chop - so is this the case for hydros. So many days are just no good for my 30in hydro but the larger petrol guys have a blast.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

Can't wait to see some video !!

That's great to hear! Is this still with the stock electronics?
    Rafael Lopez

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast