Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: ** New Zelos 48 Brushless Large Scale Cat From Pro Boat**

A little extra to report. I pretty much halved that negative I had in the pic above. Then, at the advice of other cat owners, I lifted the strut upward toward the hull. About half way through the adjustment I'd say. There's also a discussion on this hull over at RC Groups. Guys there said to me that with large cats like this, you need to set the strut *above* the ride pads (boat right way up). So, sitting on the workbench, the boat should sit on the ride pads and not on the strut. I did that and it *did* make a difference. Boat has a *lot* less bounce now - the most stable I've had it. Good speed (for me). Pretty much 60mph. Next up are the ABC props - but that might have to wait a bit. Getting Married and going to FIJI
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

Looks like replacement hulls are on the way! Anyone got theirs yet?

Got mine! It looks like the Rockstar hull with patched exhaust holes? So far this is a cleaner hull! Glass looks decent other than shipping damage lol! Why cant I just get a clean hull?

Hey Jesse. Good to hear! :-)

So you mean it looks different to the original hulls?
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

It looks to be a Rockstar with different motor mount rails & exhaust holes patched & are visible through the hull. I'll have some pics up later. I'll be looking forward to hearing an explanation of this.

20161011_122226.jpg

Left rear on transom!

20161011_122242.jpg

Right rear on transom!

20161011_122346.jpg

Right sponsor upside down

20161011_122332.jpg

Left sponson

I see what you're saying about the patching jobs at the rear. Looks like they might need a little strengthening. Rockstar moulds indeed it would seem.

Two things though... looks like the glasswork up in the sponsons is a lot cleaner than in the three I've seen. Can't really see any seams / weakponts there. All mine have had mega seams up there which needed strenghthening. Are you happy with the glasswork & hull thickness apart from those patches?

Foam block is different. Yours goes floor to ceiling (where I can see) and goes all the way to the tunnel nose. Mine didn't do that. The way it appears to be now would give much more strength if it goes floor to ceiling all the way back to the hatch opening.

Any other differences?
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

The glass work is definitely much cleaner and that was a huge bonus to see that they are listening. The foam doesn't appear to be much different than before it is slightly longer then before which I could see being more supportive however the strength should be in the Hull not the styrofoam. The motor Mount rails seem to be in great shape unlike my other boat with two of the bolts broken off inside. I am still waiting for the motor mount plate that was also cracked in multiple areas and I have yet to receive a new one they keep telling me that they don't sell those individually and they should come with the Hull however none of my previous Hulls have come with it before. So realistically I got this boat in April have been battling for a clean Hull since then. I just want to be done and have a proper boat. I would like to know how the manufacturing process is supposed to be going. After seeing the issues they had and now it's a rockstar with a different paint job and a fiberglass patch. I'm not too happy about extra holes being in my Hull

Default First run

Hello,
    I took my Zelos 48 out for the first time today. I had the small prop (forgot the large one at home) I was running 2 3s 5600mah. The boat only went 34, which I think is probably about right. If I wanted to run 4 3s how can I do that, series or parallel? I do have 2 4s I will try this weekend. Thanks for the help.
    Rick

If you want to run 4 identical 3S packs with stock wiring, you would wire two 3S packs in parallel on each side with an EC5 parallel battery harness, then those harnessed would connect to one EC5 connectors on the ESC. It would give you 6S voltage, and twice the rated mAh of the individual packs.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the quick reply fweasel, I'll pick up a couple of those.
    Rick

Cool. Those are the quick and dirty way to make an EC5 ecosystem work with either 2 or 4 packs on the stock 120A ESC. The die hards will tell you to switch everything to bullet connectors so it can all be hooked up with fewer connections and less resistance, but I don't think it's a big deal running the stock ESC and motor.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Happy birthday to me! I got a great deal on this used proboat zelos 48. Been wanting one of these for a while now....
    Attached Images Attached Images

HBD to you indeed
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Nice! Still looks shiny! I don't think it was used much. All the better for you :-) Run it yet?
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

[QUOTE=Chado2448;667743]Started repairing and blueprinting my hull. After a few minutes blocking the sponsons this is what I ended up with. There are quite a few waves and hooks on them. Hopefully after I'm finished this will cure my bounce and get my speed where it should be. Attachment 144506[/Q

[QUOTE=urbs00007;688587]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chado2448 View Post
    Started repairing and blueprinting my hull. After a few minutes blocking the sponsons this is what I ended up with. There are quite a few waves and hooks on them. Hopefully after I'm finished this will cure my bounce and get my speed where it should be. Attachment 144506[/Q
    did blueprinting your hull make the boat run better? i have flattened my hull bottom but havent run it yet. i will also put strut on back of boat and rudder on left to counteract prop torque.

Is the 48 worth getting? I might be looking at used one.

Yes, it's an awesome boat! I got a used one for 650. I love it!

Default new paint

New color.

DSCN3017.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by carbow View Post
    New color.

DSCN3017.jpg
    what drive system are you running? any video?

Everything stock except for Octura X452 prop from DasBoata.

Quote Originally Posted by Chado2448 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you PAWW ( pardon the pun ). I've adjusted the strut and battery position a million different ways and it is still bouncing terribly. Can some one share a pic or two of their strut placement? Here a video of mine, it does the same thing no matter what adjustments I make, glass or chop, don't make a difference.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91JUEfyzOw0
    did you get rid of that bouncing? mine did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    did you get rid of that bouncing? mine did the same thing.
    John block sand the bottom raise the strut see if that helps

Does anyone know if Proboat has a replacement in the works to replace the Zelos 48?

I really like that size boat.

Glenn

Default in the water

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast