Thread: Scorpion Motors

Default Scorpion Motors

Scorpion Motors

FYI to all these are actually Scorpion motors: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25677

I ordered two and they say Scorpion on the box? They appear to be exactly the same except the shafts are not ground and the insulation on the wiring are like silicone. Otherwise they are a great price for way half the cost!

Enjoy!

Cool

Do they have the same high-temp magnets as real Scorpions? Same high temp winding coatings? The same high quality bearings? There is a reason they are half the price.....Caveat Emptor.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I have Scorpion motors and the magnets feel the same. Bearings can't tell, look the same but the Scorpion labeled motors have no numbers where as these have NMB R-1140ZZ on the bearing. The high temp coating is visible on both and looks the same as the Scorpion. One thing I noticed the heat shield on the front of the motor shaft is missing but on the Scorpion it's there. On the box it does say Scorpion though, so not sure why they are this price? I don't know of any other "Scorpion" named company and these are slightly different looking so I wonder if this is an older version or re-serviced? But I know what you mean about there is a reason.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 10-18-2015 at 10:57 AM.