In light of the recent unhappiness between certain parties, I just want to say that with more than 5400 posts and many boats bought here, I have not had one single experience that is bad enough for me to air my laundry. Sure, there were transactions that weren't perfect, but that is part of the risk one takes here.
When I just started, I saw a guy whose boats were my dreams, he was selling a DF45 Sniper set up to run 12s2p with a Neu 2230 and Schulze 140.60 and a Phil Thomas 45 Hydro with Neu 2215 and the same ESC ( his package only included this one ESC). It was late in the middle of the night and frankly as a single parent I was looking for something for my enjoyment and so I wasn't too concerned with the price tag, so I bought the whole package.
Now the guy did give me his phone number and we actually talked a bit the next day. But it wasn't a month later did I receive my goods.
I thought of airing out this here but something in the back of my mind told me that I should give the guy a chance, there were anxious moments, I called him a few times and every time he said the items were on their way. In retrospect I should have been more careful as this was a package done up so he can move across the country and the risks of him not paying his attention on the packing and sending should have been apparent to me, but I was too much of a noob and also too eager to have some heavy artillery in my arsenal.
Was I happy with the transaction? NO!
Would I ever again buy from this guy, NOT A CHANCE!
The packing was terrible as the tip of the DF 45 Sniper was damaged, I had to repair it. Granted it was a large item and the likelihood of mishap is proportionally higher, still, there was no excuse on his part.
I am not telling any body here how to behave, I just want to say that in all fairness the buyer's patience have shrunk in the past few years in large part due to too many fast , responsible sellers here. We have been spoiled and thus we expect a tracking number the next day followed by the delivery of the item(s) the day after.
As the title says: it is just my $.02.....
This is a wonderful place and don't let this ruin your happiness with this hobby.
BTW, this is the first time i have publicly said anything regarding this transaction.