Thread: Roger Newton Memorial Gold Cup

Default Roger Newton Memorial Gold Cup

RCU is holding their annual Roger Newton Memorial in Chelan Wa on September 26&27. This year we will be racing both FE and nitro 1/8th scale hydroplanes. There will be a hot dog lunch for all participants and a bunch of raffle prizes to give away. I also want to give a big thank you to Offshore Electrics for sponsoring this event! Please come out and race in memory of my father, the Czar!

For more information on the event please visit www.rcunlimiteds.com!

Last weekend closed out the RCU racing season with their annual Roger Newton Memorial Gold Cup, held in Chelan, Wa. A full field of boats came out to honor my father, Roger Newton, and founder of RCU.

A great raffle was put together thanks to some big contributors including Offshore Electrics. Ron Daum, Ron Cole, Geoffry Grembowski and Jayme Brackett each walked away witha $25 gift certificate. Thank you Offshore Electrics for making the raffle happen at this big year end event!

World famous hot dog chef Larry Goldman was also on hand to BBQ a hot dog feast for all of the participants. Thank you to Larry and Denise Goldman for making this happen!

As far as racing goes, I filled two goals this weekend. I made both finals (nitro and FE). This means I made the final heat in every event I have entered this year. I also finished 2nd in nitro and 3rd in FE, which also put me into podium finishes at every event entered this year!

Another thing I do every year at this even is have a Best of Scale award. This trophy means a lot to me as we try to keep our models looking the best and very scale. Mike Malloy won this year with his model of the Beacon Plumbing. Congrats Mike!

Congratulations to the winners of the 3 events held last weekend: John Olson for winning the Norm Evans, Kirk Maupin for winning the Roger Newton Gold Cup NITRO and Fred Stock for winning the Roger Newton Gold Cup FE. It was a great event, and I look forward to it next year!

IMG_1565.JPGIMG_1566.JPGIMG_1568.JPGIMG_1570.JPG

Here is a club write up on the race: http://www.rcunlimiteds.com/#!gold-c...memorial/c1hf0