Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on a 1/10th Classic Hydros Blaster

So, would this be the simplest, easiest and least expensive hull to get me into 1/10th scale? I'd like to build a scale boat but, I'm cheap and a little lazy with scale stuff. Left hand turns sound like fun.
    Nortavlag Bulc

A brief history of the blaster if you will. Yes the 1/12 28" blaster is in fact Garry's design. He had the 1/13 scale atlas plans of which the vacu pickle was molded from. Myself, Garry and Andrew Gilchrist were developing a vac formed 1/12 version when I gave up on it. Mostly it because the difficulty in sourcing true abs ( not styrene) which will hold up in racing conditions like glass or wood. So for awhile the project was dropped. Then laser cutting came into possibility and I produced laser kits. Meantime we have the brushless motor emergence making many hulls outdated. The 1/12 blaster has been fine but never intended to be a whiplash competitor anyway, just a good running scale hull. So a larger blaster in 10th scale came into my head and also thoughts of running within rules for LSH as well. Some more choices right? Right now the day after Christmas I have cut wood for two kits in a box ready for test building. Most of the instructions for the 28" hull will work for it likely. No sump like the 28" version has so it will fit 10th rules. To be honest, I'd want to run it a bit before any release just to make sure it's good. I don't know for certain after some years but Garry had really liked the performance of the 28". We will soon see about this 33" one.

Thanks!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Douge.
    I've built your 1/12 blaster. It was a delight to both build & run. A 1/10th scale would be awesome. It would also fit in our EA Sports Hydro (4s) class here in Australia. Some people also run 33" hulls in our EB (6s) class. So it would get a look in with that class too.
    I'd be interested in one for sure.
    Here's a pic of my little one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^

wow that looks fantastic, A+!! With the original Blue Blaster livery and a rear wing, it would look amazing!
    BIG BOY HYDROPLANES----My first RC boat and build project to boot: (and more content in my profile gallery!) ---- https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...proposed-setup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12