Thread: HRC 5" Rail Motor Mount and Leopard 4092?

Default HRC 5" Rail Motor Mount and Leopard 4092?

Hi all. I picked up from my dad an old 41" deep vee hull that we used to run together a couple of decades ago. It is set up for a nitro motor and has the extruded aluminum mount already in there between the existing 5" rails. After emailing with Steve, we thought a Leopard 4092 would be a good motor for sport use (running on 6s). I need to get a motor mount and saw the HRC for sale on OSE. It states it is for Neu motors with 25mm mounting hole spacings. I don't want to spend the money on a Neu motor so was wondering...

Do you think the Leopard 4092 would bolt to the HRC 5" rail mount (part # ham-101525)? The mounting holes are specified as 25mm apart which is what I believe the 4092 uses. Or would it better to get a mount with rails and simply epoxy/fiberglass that in between the existing rails?

Thanks,

Matt

That motor mount is designed for the 25mm spacing and 3mm screws - all the same as the 4092 motor.
    It should be a perfect match for your boat.

Steve would never steer you wrong.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thank you Larry for the quick reply. I suspected it would work but wanted a second opinion (from a senior member).