Thread: Miss Geico 29 V3 on 6s - be careful

Default Miss Geico 29 V3 on 6s - be careful

Well I got about 8 runs out of my Miss Geico V3 on 6s and the Dynamite motor decided to exit stage left. These 2000kv motors can not handle the heat that is produced. I even improved on the cooling system with larger tubing and running t the esc first. The esc and batt temps were within range but the motor just heats up no matter what you do. I have been running 2 3s 5000 mah 50 c as they suggest in the instructions. It is basically a good boat that just needs a few improvements. They need to lose the 12 guage wire first off. I do like the esc, but pro boat's quality control needs to be improved. The motor shaft in the Dynamite motor had a lot of play in it. I could push it into the motor about an 1/8" then pull it back out. I can see a little play but that is excessive. I have put in a request for a new motor buy I am leery of running another dynamite motor. I have ordered a leopard 3650 1650 kv to put in there for now so the rpm and amp draw will not be as high. Like I stated earlier be careful running on 6s.

I would suggest running a seperate cooling line to the motor, even with the new motor. It is simple and cheap to do.

Well I called Horizon Yesterday and explained the situation. They quickly agreed to ship me a new motor, apparently I am the first to blow a motor on the MG 29 V3. They said it shouldn't have happened. I have the new Leopard 3650 1650 kv on the way but I am not sure which motor to put in now. I have taken Xcessive Carts advice and ordered a transom pickup so I will have separate water lines and exits which should greatly improve the cooling for either motor.. Should I just put in the leopard motor or give the replacement Dynamite a shot?

Some info you are not talking about is how long are your runs? And are you running full speed most of the run?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

My run times are just under 5 minutes. I am using 3s 50c 5000mah batteries. I am at full throttle at least 95% of that time.

If you can hold it full throttle on 6S, how fast is it going? I have a 2200KV on 6S and it goes 75+ mph at full throttle.

I haven't gps'd it yet but I would say she is easily doing at least 50 mph give or take. She is very stable on the water. I am using the stock prop.

If you don't mind doing a little modding, this is my upgrade for my BJ29 v3. The motor and ESC don't run hotter then about 85° on dual 2s, even after a second set. I haven't tried dual 3s yet. Now that could change as the lakes get warmer here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where did you get that rudder? Did it bolt right on,Thomas? ^^^

It's a Speedmaster small extended dual pickup rudder assembly from OSE. And I had to modify it a bit