Thread: Who has run x528 Beast motors?

Default Who has run x528 Beast motors?

I'm looking at powering a 72" cat with a pair of these...will be a sport setup with Swordfish 300A's & x470 prop's. I'm not really sure what to expect out of the x528. I've only seen Keith Bradley's old CRC Mystic run on the Proteus x524's, and he said he ran those on 14s1p. The spec's I've seen for both the x524 & x528 seem to suggest they're limited to10s. After seeing vid's of Keith's run with the Proteus motors, now I'm wondering if they can reliably handle more. Has anyone gotten results from x528's with 12s or 14s? Please share what it is capable of.

Thanks,
    Michael P.

Ok...my thread was moved to deep within one of the many subcategories of the OSE forum, where it will have virtually no chance of being seen by the few people who have experience with my topic...

Might as well just delete this thread. I'll look for help on other forums.

Cool

Wow, a lot of whining over nothing. Most experienced posters will hit the "New Posts" link every time they log on and will see your post title no matter where it is located. Your lack of following posts is probably due to few folks being able to answer your question....that is a relatively rare motor after all. Good luck on the other forums, try R/C Universe.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That's how I do it too Jay. I don't get emails so that's my only hope of keeping track of even my own threads. It's a PIA. The bad thing is that the guys that are only on occasionally log onto the forum can't find anything. They hit "new" and get 25 threads +. Oh never mind. Not reading for 2 hours. If I want someone to look at a particular subject I have to send them a link to the pertinent thread. Especially with a zillion sub forums.

I have to confess, I've never even heard of the X524/528. Are those Proteus numbers?
    Noisy person

I don't see any whining in expressing a fully legitimate gripe about this forum having waaay too many subcategories. Tucking my post away in the nether-regions of this site will almost guarantee that anyone who has knowledge to share on my topic will never see it, due to the rarity of it. T.S.Davis proved that above. He's among the more experienced & knowledgeable of our members & is only slightly aware of the SkyRC line-up. I'm 36 years old & have been avidly using internet forums for the last two decades. I visit these sites for specific information. I do not click to the links to view all new topics. I bookmark my posts within my browser. Thank you for the unprovoked attack, fluid, & for what it's worth I'm disappointed that it came from you.

Not sure "attack" is quite what that was.

I hate how many sub forums there are here now. I've been saying that for ages though. RCGroups is like that too. Impossible to negotiate.
    Noisy person

I haven't run it, it will be hard to get information on this motor. What kinda deal can you get on the motor? Some people would compare it to the 2028 a few years ago but can't confirm how well they match up upon close inspection.

If not in the market for Lehners these would be my pick if you can't get a smokin' deal on those beast 528s

Castle 2028 extreme-800kv 12s capable
    Tp 5860-730 kv

FWIW, Doby ran a Proteus motor and on first try the rotor locked up. He got a replacement but, if failure was that easy, I suggest a Castle 2028 or a Leopard or a TP, etc...

You get what you pay for.

Since I never get emails for posts, I just click on new posts button when ever I come in here. Simple to me but, I have missed many responses in many threads.

The nicest motor I've owned and ran in that size was an SSS 5684, 1200kv motor in a 40" mono on 6s2p turning props from 452 to 455, etc. I wish I never sdolkd that boat but, it was a tank!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi everybody..yup I ran one and it was a beast for the few months it lasted (no Ray, it didn't die on the first run)...then one day the magnets blew apart.....I did get a replacement and am helping a newbie set it up in a Rockstar 48

It always seemed to run nice and cool...we'll see how the replacement does...for the price, you take your chances...again, it was a beast on 10S (790kv if I remember correctly)...hoping to run the rockstar tomorrow.

Sorry Doby, I thought it was the first run.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Michael,
    I am building a 58” cat using a pair of Beast X524 2Y 910KV motors. Plan on running 8 and 9 S. I hope to have it done the next 2 weeks or so.
    Bill from our club put one of them in his Falcon Cat for a test run and it was respectful. If memory serves it was ran on 8 S with a X460 prop. Speeds were mid 60 MPH oval trim.
    Time will tell.
    Dave
    DSCN2120.jpgDSCN2121.jpg

John's Proteus failed at the most inopurtune moment. Missed a nats if I remember correctly. I offered to loan him a Neu2217 but I think he was still to shy then. I hope that now he would have the sense to just snag it from my box and tell me later.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    John's Proteus failed at the most inopurtune moment. Missed a nats if I remember correctly. I offered to loan him a Neu2217 but I think he was still to shy then. I hope that now he would have the sense to just snag it from my box and tell me later.
    Failed the day before during open water at the Nats....not to shy (never been accused of that!!!!) just didn't want to potentially kill your very $$$$$$ motor...great offer though...that's what makes racing people great!