Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Largest Motor/ESC Combo In JAE Mini Sprint

If not I a 120 sk v2 that may work what is you thoughts

Will one of the new 60 t/sk esc's work with out moi=ods being made?

Will one of the new 60 t/sk esc's v3 work with out mods being made?

I would imagine so, never used one myself though.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Default Grease the tube??

we got the motor in and when I run it up the shaft sounds like its hitting the stuff tube , do I need to grease the shaft??

BTW how big is the lipo and where exactly does it fit in the boat? I ask cuzz the stuff tube is sticking up a bit where the lipo needs to go, am thinking I need to make some kind of shallow platform to sit the lipo on?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by riversidedan; 10-28-2015 at 07:15 PM.

You always need to grease the whole flex shaft or wire no matter what you use. If you have no teflon liner in the stuffing tube it will still be louder no matter how much grease you use.

thanx!

Well, guys I got a chance to work on the boat today. I was able to get the stock cooler on the motor (leopard that is) and it's clearing the cowl without any mods. I am using a SK120 but had to take cooling block off to make it fit (not sure if it will stay cool enough but we shall see). I had to do that to allow room for the lipo. I am hoping to get it up and running by this weekend and if I do I will post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    Well, guys I got a chance to work on the boat today. I was able to get the stock cooler on the motor (leopard that is) and it's clearing the cowl without any mods. I am using a SK120 but had to take cooling block off to make it fit (not sure if it will stay cool enough but we shall see). I had to do that to allow room for the lipo. I am hoping to get it up and running by this weekend and if I do I will post some pics.
    Would love to see pics.

Nice, what prop you plan to run?

Stock till I get her dialed in and see what the temps are. I hope to get the y536 in for speed runs. Haven't had much time to mess with the boat lately due to work but I will keep you guys updated as much as possible. I am going to only run her on 2s for now being its a 4700k motor. I may then try for a couple 3s passes.

On 3s the sponson with the turn fin is lifting out of the water any suggestions?

Tilt the bottom of the turn fin back a little.

Did that already I am going to try all the way as far as it will go thanks paul

With it all the way back fixed the problem right now I am using a 2200mah turnigy hd 60c pack I am going to order a 1800mah glacier 45c to reduce some weight.

Well she flipped on me today broke the front carbon boom and snatched out the brass holder above the turn fin.

Breaking booms is common enough, but pulling brass from sponsons isnt, what did you glue them in with? Did you Roughen them up before you glued them in? If you keep breaking them sold one are a hell of a lot stronger than hollow.

It was built the right way trust me, I think it maybe a little to fast with the stock turn fin on or I may have to cut a straight one or else take it off completely.

I had the same thing happen to my Mini Sprint a couple of years ago pushing the speed on 3s, boat had a spill & ripped the brass tube out. Made new sponsons with dowl inside the sponsons to take the brass tube.

Smart idea but with speed just something else is going to break. Is there a class for saw with a rigger this small i am sure someone has a class for it but just thought I would ask. I hope its not Tylers riggers...lol

I got the lipo today! Waiting on parts should be here Monday I hope USPS made a mistake and sent it to Orlando... Lol... So far the glacier lipo is the exact same size as my zippy compact 60c 2200. I just hope it will handle the amp draw.

I will update shortly about the cycles on the glacier lipo so far looking good.On the charger that is.

How well does a 3 blade work on a rigger?

I finally got a chance to run it after I cut 3-4 mm off the turn fin and it runs perfect! Will try and get a video soon.

I was wondering if you guys have any new updates here? I have not had much time do any rc stuff here lately due to work.

Default JAE mini sprint

I just finished my first build and decided to go with the mini sprint. I bought a 2860 leopard motor and had to make a custom cowl. I made it out of fiberglass. Haven't had the chance to run it yet but I'm thinking this 1300W motor should scoot it right along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What would be the most efficient motor to fit these riggers Neu or Tp maybe? I just got back to playing around with this boat it still has the leopard 28x45 4700kv running 3s with a tfl 432 prop (57.2mph). I have no other way atm to record speed other than taping the garmin 201 to the top, I know that is adding a good amount of weight to a rigger this size, I tape it on so it is balanced right at the turn fin.

any info guys plz help...lol..Reaching 65 mph is getting close...My goal is 75mph..I know it can be done!

75mph with a rigger at 17in. is hauling ass

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast