Thread: Stick Radio issues need help

Default Stick Radio issues need help

Wondering if someone knows how I am suppose to link my Futaba 3 channel radio to a Swordfish 220. I cant seem to get the throttle right, throttle all the way up is off and neutral is full throttle. And when I reverse it, it is backwards All the way down is off and neutral is full throttle. What am I missing. Thank You Jerry

Futaba transmitters need to have the throttle channel set to reverse (it's a design thing). Then you have to calibrate the ESC to the throttle signal range. The way Swordfish works is to first turn on the TX and raise the throttle to full position, then hook the battery to the ESC, you here a couple of beeps, then drop the throttle to the off position. Now the ESC has learned the range from off to full.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Is it a stick transmitter for ground or for air, if it is an air radio and a ground ESC you may have to calibrate it at half stick to full stick, so anything under half is off ramping up to full is full.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

ok did as zooma noted reversed the TH and got it to beep but the stick has a spring which sets the stick in the middle. So in what I think should be neutral is not all the way down is off and middle is half throttle and all the way up is full. Do I need to set EPA or trim settings now.