Thread: D-19 Amigos/H20 Gassers Heat Race 7

Default D-19 Amigos/H20 Gassers Heat Race 7

Sunday both P-Mono and P-Ltd Cat made the cut. The air temp was seasonally hot so to conserve my Ltd boat motor stash I went 1800KV vs. the other entries running 2030's. A little CG tuning and the MC was back to it's former attitude. Slightly slower but solid. Brad debuted his BK Bandit and it was a rocket . Mike C. has his MM rolling hard. I needed to just do the "be consistent instead of fastest" strategy. It worked.

Unless you've "been there" the following won't mean much, but in the final P-Ltd Cat heat on lap three I was in the lead but Mike was closing fast on the front straight. Going into turn one in lane one I (for the first time) didn't back off(chicken out) as Mike in lane 2 got rail-to-rail with me. We both held our lines and like two tether boats we went through the entire turn almost touching, mostly invisible from the spray, and like surfers coming out of the tube at the turn exit we both made a dash for the next turn. Mike out-accelerated me, got in front, and I had to blip to get out of his propwash just as the Legg monster got a hold of his MM and flipped it over. Just the best moment in racing

I had P-Mono in the bag since Tyler's much faster DF33 DNF'd in the first heat. With a likely first place finish I got upside down in a turn in the final heat so Tyler took it home. P-Class is basically becoming overpowered for the gasserwater we run in - more like P-Moto-Cross.

Zhenda Xi joined in for the first time with his TP-Powered mono. Zhenda is China's Mono One champ so more to come once he gets dialed in.

Results :

P-Mono
    Tyler G-First Place - DF33
    Tony H -Second Place-IB34

P-Ltd Cat
    Tony H - First Place - MC
    Brad R - Second Place - BK Bandit

Some "smartphone" random pix (I forgot my video cam)

driver's stand.jpg pitpic.jpg

bradpit.jpg balancers.jpg

In an completely unrelated occurrence, I came with two raceboats but left with three : Tyler's current N-2 and P-Mono National Straightline and N-2 2-Lap NAMBA National Champion - now in my shaky hands to go after and hopefully increase my standing P-Ltd-Mono SAW record in November.

DSC06863.JPG
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I wish I could be there to get my ass kicked by you guys! Looks like a fun day!!

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    In an completely unrelated occurrence, I came with two raceboats but left with three : Tyler's current N-2 and P-Mono National Straightline and N-2 2-Lap NAMBA National Champion - now in my shaky hands to go after and hopefully increase my standing P-Ltd-Mono SAW record in November.

DSC06863.JPG
    And I think this is just TOTALLY COOL!! I'll be there to help, Tony!! Let's do this!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I wish I could be there to get my ass kicked by you guys! Looks like a fun day!!

And I think this is just TOTALLY COOL!! I'll be there to help, Tony!! Let's do this!
    Oh Yeah
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

sorry couldn't make it..work called