.. you cross your own wake at 40mph on 4s and stuff it, causing the hatch to tear off.

My Impulse deck & hatch broke today. I caught a ripple wrong and the boat went air born and caught the nose as it re-entered the water. The boat submerged and when it came back up the hatch had separated, leaving the impulse bobbing in the water. At the time, I hadn't a care in the world as I knew of Horizon's legendary customer service. I guess my confidence in the brand was misplaced.

So I phoned them and left my name in the queue for a call back. About an hour later they phoned me back. Mike denied the warranty claim. Their position is that if the "boat submerges from hitting a wake, it's an unwarrantable claim and it just part of the hobby." Mike also went on to tell me that "if the boat submerged then it was no ripple that I hit." It struck a nerve that he had to question my integrity too... I was being sincere and very polite for him to go there. I was the only one out there so how can a wake that comes off of my own boat that destroys the boat not be a defect in design or workmanship? Am I being unreasonable?

In my mind, shouldn't these boats be designed to be able to sustain a 40 mph plunge from crossing their own wake on 4s? Am I being unreasonable on that position? I've only had this Impulse for 12 days and now it's never been past even 41 mph or 4s. I have to admit.. I feel pretty let down and won't make the mistake of buying another.

... just wanted to give you guys a heads up and manage expectations as mine were falsely high.

Steve