Thread: Ms. Geico V3 has the Wah Wahs

Default Ms. Geico V3 has the Wah Wahs

I just want to thank everyone for their advice on my cooling system issues. I upgraded to larger lines, a larger water outlet and re-routed to the esc first and re-set my timing to 7.5. Well temps dropped about 40 to 45 degrees across the boards. Everything is in the safe zone now. I also sharpened and balanced the stock prop. She runs like an animal now. Now I have the famous "wah wah" problem. I ran her with the stock strut position and had the batteries all the way to the back. What can I do to help resolve this issue? Does anyone have a set-up for this boat?

Thanks

What level is your strut at?

The strut is in the factory position. The top of the strut is flush and level with the top of the strut mounting bracket.

Try lowering another 1 to 2 mm and see if that gets rid of wah wah that's what myself and my buddie did and seems to be the answer whether you run 4 or 6s . Also if you still have the problem you do the Chiefs strut mod to get a little more negative angle on strut and your problem should be solved let me know how you make out.

Thanks rw442. I readjusted the strut to that position. I am running her on Sunday and I will let you know how it goes.

Well I followed your advice and adjusted the strut slightly lower with a bit of negative prop angle. Well the boat runs so much better. She slightly wahs wahs right out of the hole then she runs smooth as silk. Thanks for the advice. I really love this boat. It just flies over the water no matter what the water conditions are.

Glad to hear that helped you out you still may want to check out the video tutorials at the Chiefs website he is very good getting these cats dial in.

Yes I checked out his videos. I set up my boat the same as he showed. I didn't blueprint the sponsons yet. They seem to be very flat.

The version 3 hulls are much better as far as flatness keep track of your battery placement and center of gravity it will make a difference I have not done mine yet either . But I did do everything to my mystic 29 and it made a big difference if you go to you tube and search me Ron Wandtke I have have before and after vids of my mystic. Good luck with your Gieco. Let me know how you make out.