Well... It looks like you guys have the "bolt-in" performance tinkering part of the Voracity covered here.

Rafael and Pro Boat sent me back my Test boat, which had a pre-production 3D-Printed tray assembly in it that was for proof-of-concept, not longevity, and it needed to be replaced if things were going to stay in place. Rafael sent along a brand new factory motor tray, so....

I've started chiseling out the original tray. Naturally, I can't leave things well-enough-alone, so I've decided to do a full "Race-Prep" on this hull. It's not "out of the box" factory anyhow, so why not! Let's see what this thing can REALLY do.

DISCLAIMER: In NO WAY am I condoning, suggesting, or otherwise recommending that ANY of you try this, or that any of you might have more fun, have a better boat, or will gain any significant performance of ANY KIND, if you were to go down this path. You will VOID your warrantee, as well as cause yourselves ALL kinds of extra work, that may, or may not, help performance. I'm doing this because I already have to replace the tray, and I figured, "what the heck". That's it. PLEASE DON'T ATTEMPT this at home unless you are willing to take ALL the risks with your investment that I'm about to take. Plus, I doubt that any of you would have access to a new, factory motor tray. This is something Rafael arranged for me from the vender. I don't think it's something that's available as a replacement part.

OK, that out of the way, time to get started...

Not much to see here. Pliers and a chisel and a lot of time and I have most of the 3D Printed structure out. Need to go over it with a sanding disc to carefully grind away the remnants and get the hull smooth again. Delicate operation to keep from going down into the hull structure. And, want to keep from warping the glass.

20150830_155147.jpg
20150830_155209.jpg

I think that I'm going to do all of this and leave the battery trays in place at this point in order to keep from disturbing the hull bottom at all. They add rigidity and I'll try to work around them.

I'm likely going to be adding a layer of Carbon Fiber inside this hull, and I'll work that up in between the existing battery trays, which I think will help to hold them in place for the long-term.