Thread: Battery Tray

Default Battery Tray

I get my Voracity out today and one of my Battery tray get unglued . What is the way glue to fix in place ??

2015-08-30 17.22.47.jpg2015-08-30 17.22.51.jpg

Hi Banzee. Did you have a bad crash? Can you tell me how exactly it came loose? I'm looking for information so I can have the Vendor address this correctly. This isn't something we experienced during testing, but it does look like there is a lack of glue in your boat.

Thick CA glue, or Gap Filling CA glue works well to attach FRP to fiberglass. Add the glue to the battery tray stand off/cross mounts underneath the tray and line it back up with the existing glue marks. Let it set over night with the canopy off.

Please keep me posted. Feel free to PM me if necessary.
    Last edited by Rafael_Lopez; 08-31-2015 at 12:55 AM.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

That was my first time out with the boat , fourth run !

Hi ! No , i didn't have a bad crash , i just drive in choppy water and jump 1/1 scale boat waves ! I put 2 x 6s 3000 mah in parallel in it , so a bit heavy . i flip over several times but nothing big enough to cuz damage . hope i can fix them that they will stand in place

Ok, thank you. Nothing that you explained should have caused them to pop out like that.

Please let me know the outcome, after you glue them back.

Rafael
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Ok, thank you. Nothing that you explained should have caused them to pop out like that.

Please let me know the outcome, after you glue them back.

Rafael
    I will post a video of how i rode the boat ! You will see that i didn't make extreme abuse of the boat ! The choppy water got around 1 foot waves and jumping big boat waves seem to be a thing that the voracity can handle ! Thank's for answering my thread so quickly !

No need to post a video. I completely agree with you.
    Rafael Lopez

just wondering,but the pounding the boat took when jumping the waves wouldnt cause that? he is talking about a full size boat's wakes,and 1 foot waves.remember,the boat is only 36 inches and weighs 6lbs.speed hitting those waves wouldnt be a factor?

Banzee, would you mind posting a picture of the bottom of the tray, if you still have not glued it in? I'd like to see how much of the white epoxy is on there. Also, on second thought, post that video, if you don't mind.

Bigcam406, it just depends. 1 foot wakes at 50 mph, yes that would be normal. 1 foot wakes at 1/2 throttle or less voltage than 6/5s should not.

I tumbled this boat at full speed many times, once so bad that the lid broke at the pin and it sank; only thing visible was the tip of the bow. Nothing attached to the hull broke loose, which is why this concerns me. I'm trying to figure out if he got one, maybe the only one, where they may have not used enough glue.
    Rafael Lopez

No problem Rafael , i will put pics tonight after work and the video too ! If i have to beef up the trays because of the style of ride i do , i will do it ! I didn't post this thread to say that the boat is not good , just to have help to fix it and continu to have fun with ! The hull better than i expect and so little water go in after a flip over ! I'm very happy with my purchase !
    Last edited by Banzee; 08-31-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Last edited by Banzee; 09-04-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Here the video of the runs i made yesterday whene the tray goes off !! Finally , the waves was lower than a foot !

Thanks for the video and the pictures. The boat should definitely handle those conditions, though not ideal for running. I thought you were launching it off of a real boat's wake.

I would add CA glue to all the areas that I have circled, in the attached picture. If you always run in conditions like that, I would add some CA glue around the edges of the other tray.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rafael Lopez

Thank's for your support ! It is almost the condition and way i love driving my boat . on that river , it is very rare that the water is like glass . I will buy some CA glue and refix the tray in place and i will check for the other one to beef it up a bit !!!

The Battery tray is now in place . I will try tomorrow . I used this glue !

My LHS tell me is the same as thick CA glue that Rafael tell me to take , so i hope it will do the job !! Just telling you that Rafael tell me to used the Thick CA glue and my LHS give me this glue . SO if you have the real Thick CA glue , it will be better .

Here we are !

Last edited by Banzee; 09-06-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: library change in photo bucket

If it fails again. Try Goop. It's flexible, fills gaps and bonds tenaciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    If it fails again. Try Goop. It's flexible, fills gaps and bonds tenaciously.
    Oh thank's for the tip ! I will this weekend ! Do Goop got several type of glue , or just one ??

Just the standard one is fine. It's pretty good on pool noodles (for flotation) also. :)

I agree, Goop is great and in my case has worked better than JB Weld!! I have used the Marine Goop and Extreme Goop both with excellent results.

Thank's guys for your help !! I found the Goop glue on the web , seem to be available at HomeDepot and Canadian Tire in Montreal , so i will check that.

Tomorrow , i will test my setup with the glue I already put and see if she do the job ! Because race and fast speed it is not what i like , more choppy water and waves rides , so the hull got a lot of shocks, but i rarely go over 30 mph . Big St Lawrence river rarely be calm as glass, most of the time , we have wind of 10 mph plus !!!!

Hi Guys , i did 4 runs this after noon and the tray stayed in place !

After almost 15 runs later , the battery tray stay in place , i used the extra thick maxi cure from BSI . Look good !