Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of your Micro Riggers

Default Pictures of your Micro Riggers

I want to buy or build a super fast 3s rigger that's 15 to 18 inches long. What's out there? What is the best motor, ESC, prop, lipo combo that is durable and fast. Can you please share Pictures.

Thanks for your help, Allen

Cool

I have seen these run, with 3S power and a small out runner. Very quick and fun.....on smooth water.

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....ff622c15e59bc9

As I recall this was the motor used.

http://innov8tivedesigns.com/parts/b...-motor-kv-3500

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

There was a sweet little rigger caller Renegade Rigger. It went out of production, but I believe one of our own is resurrecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SC4N7-85tE

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ight=Nr+Rigger
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Larry, I have a renegade. The challenge is it runs a non water-cooled out-runner. I want to build something bigger that I can run an in-runner in with water cooling. I like the H&M below. 6oz hull.

Allen
    Attached Images Attached Images

What size are you looking for?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I want to build something that has at least 3500kv and is crazy fast. I have a private pond at home to run them. We are in a huge drought in California and it's getting to tight to run 4s. The 3s will allow me to get some radio time around a smaller course.

Allen
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a Delta Force Vortex 16" hydro that I would sell. Leopard 2845 3000kV motor, AquaCraft 50 ESC, just add your radio and battery.
    20150825_170920.jpg
    20150825_171005.jpg
    20150825_171023.jpg

In Naviga there is a Mini Hydro class, for hulls under 450mm (just under 17 3/4"), I run a JAE Minisprint with the tips of its sponsons cut off (despite them calling it 17" it is a touch over 18"), with a Mega 16/15/3 300kv motor, on 3s 1500mAh, spinning a detongued and backcut X427. The Minisprint is the best <450mm rigger in rough water. In flat water the Rasch Mini Hydro is considerably faster, these differences can be reduced by using thinner wood in the Minisprint which is pretty porky if built with the kit wood as mine is, but as light as you can build it the minisprint will still be slower in flat water and better in the rough. The H&M Mini Hydro is new and I have as yet only seen 2 racing but neither were good, it may have as yet unrealised potential, but at this time I would have to advise against it.

My MiniSprint

Rasch Mini Hydro

The mini Hydro class is not blisteringly fast we run >5 mins on <110g of battery which at the moment is 2200-2600 2S or 1500-1700 3S, which is <200W. Here is a sample of the class.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

We are starting a new class in the UK next year for the same size boats but 6 lap sprints 2-3s with no battery weight limits. Here is the first test of my Minisprint with Mega 16/15/2 4400kv on 3s 1100mAh well cut x632, only 3 laps as it had no cooling on the motor or ESC, later that weekend I did get it up to 6 laps with the same setup uncooled, but it was hotter than I would like and will get motor cooling before the racing starts.

It was thinking about the delta force but it does not turn like the bigger boats. I want something that runs like my CF Raptor or Mr. Krabbs but in a much smaller scale. I'm going to build a rigger.

Allen

Paul, thank you the information. Your pointing me in the right direction. These are the boats I'm interested in. Can you please share your source for the motors? ESC? Etc. I would assume your running a wire drive?

Thanks, Allen

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    We are starting a new class in the UK next year for the same size boats but 6 lap sprints 2-3s with no battery weight limits. Here is the first test of my Minisprint with Mega 16/15/2 4400kv on 3s 1100mAh well cut x632, only 3 laps as it had no cooling on the motor or ESC, later that weekend I did get it up to 6 laps with the same setup uncooled, but it was hotter than I would like and will get motor cooling before the racing starts.

Paul, this is exactly the type of performance I'm interested in. I'm not following you on the Mega 16/15/2 numbers? 4400 kv is perfect. Is this an out-runner airplane motor? How are you planning to add water cooling? Your race course is amazing. Can you post some inside and outside pictures? That is an incredible race site.

Allen

Paul, can a person buy the Rasch mini hydro? Can you post a website?

Allen

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...trSearch=small
    or the JAE mini sprint is alot of fun too bud. I have one of these small bolts with a 4811kv inrunner and i run it on 2s 2000mah 20c venom packs with a mystery 30amp esc with a octura x430 and its a freaking lil rocket ship.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

More JAE's and a scratch built rigger. They are a blast

The Mega Motors 16/15/2 is good quality 28mm x36mm can inrunner motor, made in the Czech Republic, the numbers mean the rotor is 16mm diameter, 15mm long, and the winding is 2 turns. I get my Megas from Puffin Models in the UK, but I'm sure there are dealers in the USA, they are pretty popular for EDF and pylon planes.

I favour the Chinese Lehner style 28 and 36mm coolers (actual Lehner ones are 29.3mm to fit their motors), as they fit the Mega 16/15/X perfectly, are very thin to lower the motor for lower CoG and less bend in flex or wire, are half the weight of the same size leopard cooler, cool well, and seal well, they are pretty cheap too.

I favour wires and have run a 1.2mm wire in previous Minis, and likely will again, but the Minisprint kit comes with hardware and I just used that, (or actually a replacement as the stub fell of the flex as did many of the early ones (I hear they are better now)),its a .130 flex. rudder is cut down to just below the water pickup.

Pictures of the Bridlington lake can be found here, it really is a great facility, purpose built wade-able lake, wit tyres all round the bank to minimise damage, grass carp to eliminate weed, car park club hut with kitchen, 3 propper toilets, car park room for camping, electricity, sheltered pits, drivers stand, catch fences, shelters, permanently placed buoys on a pulley system, tannoy system from the covered CD desk under the stand, and they are working on a transponder system, it really has it all, and we hold our FE nationals there every year.

Rasch Mini Hydros can be bought, but I have searched and failed to find a web site, I guess Randolph sells as many as he can or wants to make without one. Heaths Models in the UK are a dealer and where I got my Hydro1 version, but they are not on the website so you would have to call or email, the hulls are supplied as glass/carbon parts, all the parts are flangeless joined (wet on wet I think) and the hatch is cut, but not drilled or marked and with no instructions, so some experience is necessary.

I agree with NativePaul that the Mini Sprint is a great inexpensive boat. It's super easy to build, run and repair as wood is very forgiving compared to anything else, as once you repair it's like new. Only mod I did was add bearing in the strut. Everything I have read says Riggers are the most difficult to setup. If you are just building your own I can see that to be true. But the JAE is already designed for you, just build it and there is nothing to really difficult to setup or do if built correctly. Even the Mini Cat's are great boats. They are well built and quick. The starship is very well made and runs great, nothing to do but throw in water and run as it's ready to run. You can't go wrong with any of these.

Recently I aquired a new 17" Mini Mono called the Mini Pepper. You can get it from Bangood for $149.00. For a fiberglass brushless and all aluminum hardware it's a hard to beat price. It's very well made and you can youtube a few videos of it running stock. It's really nice and I would recommend it if you want another small ready to run but a mono. Here are pic of it and videos in the description in my album: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...p?albumid=1345

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 09-01-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    I agree with NativePaul that the Mini Sprint is a great inexpensive boat. It's super easy to build, run and repair as wood is very forgiving compared to anything else, as once you repair it's like new. Only mod I did was add bearing in the strut. Everything I have read says Riggers are the most difficult to setup. If you are just building your own I can see that to be true. But the JAE is already designed for you, just build it and there is nothing to really difficult to setup or do if built correctly. Even the Mini Cat's are great boats. They are well built and quick. The starship is very well made and runs great, nothing to do but throw in water and run as it's ready to run. You can't go wrong with any of these.

Recently I aquired a new 17" Mini Mono called the Mini Pepper. You can get it from Bangood for $149.00. For a fiberglass brushless and all aluminum hardware it's a hard to beat price. It's very well made and you can youtube a few videos of it running stock. It's really nice and I would recommend it if you want another small ready to run but a mono. Here are pic of it and videos in the description in my album: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...p?albumid=1345

Hope that helps.
    Where are you located in California?

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Where are you located in California?

Allen
    20 min North of Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    20 min North of Disneyland.
    Bummer, I'm at the opposite end of the state.

Bummer, I'm at the opposite end of the state.
    That's ok, we are all still here to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I have seen these run, with 3S power and a small out runner. Very quick and fun.....on smooth water.

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....ff622c15e59bc9

As I recall this was the motor used.

http://innov8tivedesigns.com/parts/b...-motor-kv-3500

Fluid,

Thank you for the information on the motor. Do you know of a way to water cool an outrunner? Maybe a water cooled motor mount? In addition to a new build I want to get my renegade back on the water.

Allen

Here's a lil guy I built many years ago to satisfy my need for a cheap, easy to build, fast little rigger and this was it. Crazy fast and turned so well! I made it almost stupid light and used a very cheap Chinese Mystery brand 30amp spd con and a Mystery 2830-3850Kv motor. I ran an .098 flex with no liner in a 1/8th OD. brass tube. All handmade hardware. I usually ran a Octura 430 or a trimmed down 432. I think it was just under 17" overall. The boat was traded off, and I just watched a vid that one of the owners, after I sold it posted. Now I kinda miss it. Must be time to build another one. Here is a video of the boat in action. This is not me, or my video. But I did build the rigger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REhnHgSUYo

Maybe anyone interested could try this link

http://raschmodellbau.eu/Home

Fabguy, do you have plans for this or was it just a one off?

Fluid,

Thank you for the information on the motor. Do you know of a way to water cool an outrunner? Maybe a water cooled motor mount? In addition to a new build I want to get my renegade back on the water.

Allen
    There are two ways to cool an outrunner

1. A motor cooling plate (some have water running through the plate) wheras the motor's front side is mounted to the plate like this: http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...805-esc-lg.jpg.
    2. A method like this: http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-ads-30...ool-motor.html

There maybe other methods but these two are the only one's I'm aware of beside air cooling.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 09-03-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    In Naviga there is a Mini Hydro class, for hulls under 450mm (just under 17 3/4"), I run a JAE Minisprint with the tips of its sponsons cut off (despite them calling it 17" it is a touch over 18"), with a Mega 16/15/3 300kv motor, on 3s 1500mAh, spinning a detongued and backcut X427. The Minisprint is the best <450mm rigger in rough water. In flat water the Rasch Mini Hydro is considerably faster, these differences can be reduced by using thinner wood in the Minisprint which is pretty porky if built with the kit wood as mine is, but as light as you can build it the minisprint will still be slower in flat water and better in the rough. The H&M Mini Hydro is new and I have as yet only seen 2 racing but neither were good, it may have as yet unrealised potential, but at this time I would have to advise against it.

My MiniSprint

Rasch Mini Hydro

The mini Hydro class is not blisteringly fast we run >5 mins on <110g of battery which at the moment is 2200-2600 2S or 1500-1700 3S, which is <200W. Here is a sample of the class.
    Love it!

Hi CJS. My boat was a one off. If I do build another one I will post a how to thread. It was a fun build.

I vote that you build another.....

Quote Originally Posted by denboy01 View Post
    Maybe anyone interested could try this link

http://raschmodellbau.eu/Home
    Thank you for the link. I just started communication with Paul Heath in the UK for the Rasch riggers. I'm going to order the mini and Hydro 1 rigger for winter builds. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to have the boats built and receive the boats. I'm building my parts list as we speak. I will start my first build thread after I receive the boats.

Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast