Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P-Limited: WHAT is the INTENT?

I've been involved in numerous rule committees over the past twenty years, and no one EVER sees "eye to eye". That isn't the point. The point is to define rules that all will follow. They are never perfect, too many egos get involved for that. Hopefully the result is something the hobby can live with. Guess what? Somehow it always does, no matter how much hand wringing goes on publicly and privately. Ya gotta be there to understand.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Ya gotta be there to understand.
    hahaha Jay knows. Forming rules is such fun. Blurpppp, threw up in my mouth a little bit.

You have to be prepared for someone to say that your opinion is based on "x,y,z" when the truth is that you never even thought of x,y,z. It will come from someone that didn't get his way. Usually it's one of two accusations. Either you stand to gain financially or you are trying to protect someone that you are fond of (a racer, a brand, a vendor, a record, the color blue). You will be shocked that someone could think that of you. It will BS but your getting it no matter how much compromise is built into what ever rule set.

Rule sets will always be a compromise. They will not be perfect. Ever. For best results, run them by enough brainiacs to find the holes, patch em, and get some butts on the drivers stand. Egos aside I think that's what most want. Heats. RC fools hanging out, turning laps, and having fun doing it.
    Noisy person

Terry, It's much larger if you click it. Michigan Cup.jpgNot sweating you one bit sir.

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    I'll be on my way to key west that weekend for the offshore races. The same old excuses go both ways. We will never see eye to eye on this issue. As far as insulting anyone I know better than to think it's the majority of the group. It's a select few that decided on the rule when the class was developing and the rest just went along with it. The guys I have meet don't care either way about the rule
    smh Jeff. Here ya go man, and my last correspondence with you on this thread.

"You know better than to think"? Really? I have been D13 Director for four years now. Two years prior to that I was the FE Director.
    NOBODY is more in touch with the FE racers here than me. The D13 racers (not just "The guys I have met") have been asked EVERY YEAR at the District meeting if they want to make changes in the GP series. The answer has always been the same "Why"?, What we're doing is working." It is hard to argue with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post

FWIW I expect to see a change in the ESC language for 2016 in D13. However, I imagine there may still be a limit. We'll see in Nov.
    Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    This was my argument over the last few years with the impba guys in ga and sc. I have wanted to go race in their series for a while but I along with several others won't because of this rule.
    I understand you not being able to accept my invitation to Sycamore in Nov.

Let me go a step further so I can say I did everything I could to get you and several others to a D13 pond.

Send me something to work with, word doc. email, whatever! Remember, dot i's, cross t's. Please include email addresses or contact information for all of the others. Or, see that they have mine. I'll see that it all gets to our FE director prior to the meeting. Don't know what else I can do for ya.
    I'll post any changes when I post the schedule in mid Nov.

smockrc@bellsouth.net

Moderator hat on:

Please, no more about the IMPBA on this thread fellas!.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I've been involved in numerous rule committees over the past twenty years, and no one EVER sees "eye to eye". That isn't the point. The point is to define rules that all will follow.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Qualifies for quote of the week^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 09-16-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Doug I just sent you a pm. I also want to apologize to the rest of the members in here. There really is no reason for me to argue about this esc rule anymore. I always wanted to be one of the guys that went to the races and had fun, and never wanted to be one of the guys arguing over a hobby. Since I have clearly have not done that, I just wanted to apologize to everyone for what I said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12