Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **<<ATTENTION>>** Current or Potential SPEKTRUM DX4R, DX4S, DX4C, or DX2E with DSMR

IF there is a W, it would be inside the battery compartment.

IF there's not a W, you won't find it anywhere.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Thanks andy where you been hideing snyway?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I hide in plain sight. There's not a secret hiding place big enough :D

Andy

I have been holding off buying a Spectrum "NEW" series DSMR transmitter until I hear of lots of positive reviews for the "NEW" TX and RX models .....any out there??? .....still happy with my old marine series RX's and I am looking at the high cost of replacement to my boats, as I dislike the idea of carrying more than one transmitter to the lake or taking the wrong one.

Douggie

I took my new DX4R PRO (no W) to the lake a couple weeks ago with an SR410 receiver in my Q Sport Hydro. I ran it out to over 900 feet (as far as I could on the pond) and had total control. That boat had an external antenna tube. Then I ran an M-3000 receiver in my P Cat (no external antenna) and had a glitch in the middle of the back straight, no problems in the corners. With my old DX3R PRO I had zero issues with that boat. Don't know if there would be an issue with an external antenna on the cat...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Jay's experience corroborates my point in post 23

Andy

Thanks for the above posts....if buy a 'new" DX4 series transmitter I presume it will have a W in the serial #...or maybe not dependant on stock. I might luck out and get an old one and may have the issue that Jay mentions with the marine tx's. Apart from that, have people had good success with SR410, SR310 or SRS4210 (no avs) tx's with the W serial # ????

Douggie

This may sound silly, but why buy a new transmitter for an outdoor sport at the start of the winter? Wouldn't it be better to wait until Black Friday or Christmas or After-Christmas sales?

Andy

Not silly Andy, that is a good point but I live in Vancouver...Holywood North....lots of idiots with too much money...drug capital, gang warfare etc....no winter to speak of. I need to play with toy boats to make sense of life...Also the Canadian dollar is sinking like the Titanic and it may be prudent to buy a DX4S now as there are some good deals. ANDY is the SR415 TX OK for marine use if I coat it with Corrosion X ditto for SR410 and SRS4210 (no avs) and achieve the same reception performance as the SR310

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 10-03-2015 at 01:56 AM.

I've been doing air radios almost exclusively for the past 7 years, so my surface stuff needs some brushing up.

All surface receivers are coated to be splash-resistant, from what I understand. It's that way for the mud-slinging guys. I don't recommend CorrosionX for anything as it causes plastics to get brittle. The DSMR protocol is better on the water than DSM-Marine. All the receivers should have comparable performance.

Andy

Thanks Andy...that answer clarifies a lot of questions....you are the man
    Best Regards,

Douggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12