ATTENTION:

Anyone who has, or is considering purchasing a Spektrum DX4R, DX4S, DX4C, or the DX2E Transmitter with DSMR.

I was informed today that these Transmitters with DSMR, and that have been purchased recently are NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with the DSM-MARINE Protocol.

What this means is they won't operate using the MR200 or MR3000 Marine Receivers. They will continue to work using the other DSM2 Receivers and, obviously, the new DSMR Receivers.

The reason for the change has to do with EU Rules regarding radio frequencies and signal strength, and is probably all way over my head. The bottom line is that DSM-MARINE was not EU Compatible so Spektrum is no longer supporting it.

If you like the Spektrum line and are starting out with new stuff, I can highly recommend the DX4R or DX4S or DX4C. The DSMR is actually a MUCH better system for boats, and I've really liked their TXs over the years.

However, if you are updating your TX and already have a fleet of boats using the MR-series of RXs, you might want to keep your old DX3R, DX3S, or DX3C to run your boats with the MR-series in them.

I can't say for sure, but I BELIEVE there are some of the earlier release DX4R, DX4S, or DX4C Transmitters that were released prior to this update, and still DO support the DSM-MARINE receivers. I know that mine does. However, I have NO way to tell which are which at this time, and frankly, I wouldn't want to try.

I wish I had better news. I'm only just finding all this out myself.

If you have any questions on this, I'd encourage you to call Spektrum. I really don't have any further information.