Thread: Dynomite Passport duo charger ??? Storage????

Default Dynomite Passport duo charger ??? Storage????

Well I finally did it and bought a good charger....Ok so far I am totally satisfied except for one thing... I have been told to charge my lipos to about 70% for storage.... I have also read that 30-50%is also exceptable.... I did a storage charge/disharge.... does both.... i pulled the plug on it at about 37-38 . I t will bring the cells to 22.8 v 3.8 per cell... I am hoping someone will clear my mind and put it at ease as to if this is ok for a storage. Other than this issue the charger is awesome for a ac/dc charger. Is it possible to alter the settings for storage other than the stock options which are amps and cell count? Thanks all for any help or comments !!!!
    Last edited by lonewolf; 08-27-2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Hi Lonewolf,

The passport is a decent charger and I've heard good things about it. 3.8-3.85 Volts per cell is perfect for storage. I don't think that you can change the storage voltage programmed into the chargers software. Have fun!!

Best,

ChevyPrerunner