Thread: Wow! No activity in the ProBoat Mystic forum since 2015?

Default Wow! No activity in the ProBoat Mystic forum since 2015?

Are they all crashed and burned by now? I still have a couple...

I just pulled my two hulls off the shelf. One is in stock form and fitted with the stock motor and a Turnigy 120A ESC. I modded the rudder to swing up on impact. The other hull is almost done undergoing crash repairs/blueprinting. I haven't messed with them in a few years.

I took my battery packs outside today and brought them up to storage charge. I only had one pack that was bad (puffed). The packs are six Zippy 2S 5000mAh 40C and two 3S 5000mAh 40C.

To choose from to outfit the rebuilt hull, I have a Turnigy XK3674 2200KV and Turnigy XK4074B 2000KV motors, Turnigy Marine 180A and 120A ESCs along with some extra capacitors.

I have a good assortment of props on hand, including the original ProBoat piece, sharpened and balanced, along with Octuras: X440, X445, X640, X642, 1740, a Graupner 40x56 and an AquaCraft GrimRacer 42x55.

I used to be really interested in this boat (my first and only boat) and I haven't messed with it in so long, I'm finding I have forgotten a lot about making it go fast. It will be fun to start from scratch on set-up and tuning.

Any suggestions on combinations of what I have to make the basis of a faster-than-stock but reliable Mystic running on 4s and/or 5s?
    Last edited by desmobob; 08-18-2023 at 11:41 PM.