Thread: Feel like a noob new motor and boat is slow?

Default Feel like a noob new motor and boat is slow?

Just got my new motor installed, and boat is waaaay slow. Before it would almost back flip from a dead stop. Don't know why! Not binds in the system and batteries at both balanced out. Do I need to adjust the timing? I'm stumped!

Hull: Titan 29

Old set up: proboat 1500kv on 6s, 180a, x642, timing 15.00

New setup: leopard 4074 1650kv, 6s, 180a, x642, timing 15.0

Cool

The most obvious reason is....accidently wiring 3S to the ESC. Next, transmitter and ESC not calibrated to each other. Then, bad motor or ESC. Put the old motor back in and try it.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

The batteries are 2 6s packs wired as one 6s so I don't think that's the problem, Old motor burned up it was 5 yrs old and sunk 50 times, bought a used 1500 same motor as I had and boat went slow thought it was the motor so I bought a brand new leopard and boat is still slow. I'll try to calibrate the esc and tranmitter, the esc could be bad maybe no way to really tell other than my boat going slow

This will not be your issue but since that leopard is a D wind most will recommend lower timing like 3.75 or 7.5. Also if you have a Hobbywing/Turnigy at full throttle both the red and green LEDs will be lit. Only the red at part throttle. You can test doing just a quick blip of the throttle and both leds should be visible.