Thread: MS. Geico v3 cooling system

Default MS. Geico v3 cooling system

I just bought the Miss Geico 29 v3. First off this is an awesome boat, It handles beautifully. I am running it on 6s and noticed it does build a lot of heat. I would like to split the cooling system. I will keep the one pickup from the rudder and then "t" or "y" it off to feed the motor and speed control separately. I am hoping this will reduce the temps some in the esc. My question is, is it ok to "t" or "y" the separated systems back together so I don't have to add another water exit to the hull. I would just use the existing stock water exit.

Thanks

Be sure to check the timing on the ESC. Setting it to 7.5deg will also help with heat issues.

I am running the stock 120 amp esc it came with. How can I adjust the timing on it? I have a Hobby wing programmer which I use to adjust my seaking 180 v3 I use in my highly modded impulse 31. Could I use that?

Yes the Hobbywing programer can be used to check the timing setting.

moved this thread, Please no more dupe threads
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I have a hunch your problem is more related to how long you run and possible how drive it. How long is each run and how do you drive it?
    Billy Graham

It runs about 5 minutes. It is a mix of full throttle and half throttle for turning.

Half throttle builds up heat bigtime. Also how free is the boat running?
    Billy Graham

The boat is running pretty free the boats run hot on 6s according to proboat. I think if I split the cooling up the esc will run much cooler since it won't be getting already warm water from the motor. I really want to know if I can t or y connect them back together to the one waternoutlet.

You should cool your esc first, then the motor. Splitting it isn't a good idea if you have to use Y splitters for your tubing. Only split esc and motor cooling if you have 2 inlets to begin with. But you should be fine with just a single line for both esc and motor.

Thanks for the info. Just another question, Why is it a bad idea to split with y connections. I realized I have another water exit I can install in the boat and not y them back together but I would only still have one water pick-up. Either way I am definitely going to cool the esc first then the motor.

So after looking at more threads I see the y idea is a bad one. I am going to upgrade to larger tubing and change to a larger water exit. Now should I cool the motor or esc first?

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaddix View Post
    You should cool your esc first, then the motor. Splitting it isn't a good idea if you have to use Y splitters for your tubing. Only split esc and motor cooling if you have 2 inlets to begin with. But you should be fine with just a single line for both esc and motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangguy73 View Post
    So after looking at more threads I see the y idea is a bad one. I am going to upgrade to larger tubing and change to a larger water exit. Now should I cool the motor or esc first?
    As has already been stated. ESC first.