Thread: Airtronics MT-4

Default Airtronics MT-4

Greetings all,
    New here to this forum and to Boats, 30 yrs of flying now I want to try boats, I picked up the new Voracity 36E and have had an Airtronics MT-4 sitting on the shelf for an car I had few yrs ago that I never ran that much except in the yard.

Can any one give me some opinions on using this radio for the Voracity?

Thanks in advance for any input.

It'll work fine... cheap $30 radios work fine, too. Seems like once you start getting to 100mph that things like that start to matter more...

Great, After trying my buddy boat (the same boat) the other day I kind of liked it so I got one to give it a go, there is a few larger ponds up here where I am at in Northern Il so should be pretty fun. I will be spending the winters down in St. Petersburg Fl starting this yr so I will have to check out some boating clubs and areas to run them, I am a bit competitive and always like racing airplanes and competing with those so I can possibly see a much faster boat in the future for me.

I was looking at the Futaba 4PLS or 4PX I fly all my aircraft and helis with Futaba, but had this one sitting there and I know MT-4 is better than the one that came with the RTR package, maybe next show I go to where Futaba is there I can get one of the Futaba TX in my had to see how it feels.

I started out with the MT-11 but did not like the feel of it and went to the 4 so before getting any thing else need to get it in my hand but if I do get one I would be looking Futaba.

Also wanted to try the telemetry on the Airtronics but having a hard time finding sensor for heat, this is a very hard item to find for this radio, do most of you find having heat telemetry for esc and motor a good thing? or just check it when get back to shore?

Most don't seem to bother with telemetry... some do like using it though (the Eagletree system in particular).

The only telemetry I use right now is 1 Futaba voltage sensor so that I know how much juice I have left in the packs (so as not to over discharge them)-- most just time their runs.

Telemetry is rather expensive though... so cost seems to be the factor in using them too. I think I paid almost like $50 bucks for just that one futaba voltage sensor lol.