Thread: New 4092

Default New 4092

Just got my 4092 to go in a HK genesis,what a giant motor ,I thought a 4082 was big,1730 kv ,run 6s,445 prop,open end bells ,I guess if water gets in it it will run right out,when I ran the 4082 in my buggy I would glue foam over the end bells to keep out dirt ,man this is one big motor ,can't wait to install ,

Did you get a chance to run that 4092 I was thinking of the thing for my Genesis

Yes ,it's a 1750 kv ,I keep going up on props ,I'm at a M447, wicked motor I might get a little higher KV ,instead of bigger props ,but the motor is great

I would not go with a higher Kv, on 6S your rpm is already high. The x447 is a snooze for that setup, try a prop with some pitch. You should be mid/high 50s now, an x648 should get you high 60s - assuming the packs and setup are decent. A Prather 235 will be faster and may not be too much. How fast do you want to go?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

While we're talking motors what do you think of the TP 4060 1730 kv motor. I'm just trying to pick between the two.

I have some 4072 motors,they work just fine ,the bigger can just dosent have to work as hard,this is my first summer with boats and I now have 3 and am still on the learning curve ,I made note of your prop suggestions to try later ,for speed I want as fast as I can on the ragged edge of blowing over,I learned here about strut height ,I have a 12s Zonda ,but the genesis is more fun ,I took motors out of my buggies to try in boats ,just had to get water jackets to fit ,I also tried a 4092-1600 kv but it was to slow for the props I had,in my Spartan I have a 4072-2150kv way to much,

Yes I was a nitro boater for many years this brushless stuff is fun and I have learned a lot this year too

I have nitro buddies too some guys can make them run great,I'm not one of them,I've been converting nitro buggies to brushless for years, because they have a strong drive train ,I'd rather charge batteries any day,these fast boats are great for summer fun,