Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voracity tuning thread

The ESC comes from the factory in Li-Po Mode. To
    change battery chemistry:
    1. Keep the throttle at neutral and power ON the ESC.
    2. Press and hold the Battery Chemistry Button on the
    power switch for 3 seconds. The LED flashes the
    current battery chemistry (red = Ni-MH or Ni-Cd,
    green = Li-Po).
    3. Continue holding the Battery Chemistry Button
    for another 6 seconds. The ESC changes battery
    chemistry and the LED flashes the new battery
    chemistry.
    4. Power OFF the ESC. The ESC saves the setting until
    it is changed.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I turn the transmitter on. Power on esc. Red light with one beep then red flashing continuous with continuous beeps. I can't get anything to work. If I put the trigger forward like reverse it'll just start spinning the motor full speed and I have to turn off switch very fast. I am so lost

I'm fighting blowovers. 1st outing, the boat was running super smooth with the trim tabs just touching a straight edge along the hull, strut trimmed slightly positive, and 3S packs all the way back in the tray. The hull runs really dry and starts to float once up to top speed, then the nose will catch air if you don't let off. So today, I trimmed the strut level, and the nose would bounce in the straights, but still wanted to lift off. I brought it it, put the strut back to the positive angle it ran yesterday, and the bounce went away, but still lifts off. What's the best to adjust first, COG or trim angle? It seems like most people in this thread were running with packs all the way back, which is were I'm at.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Once I broke over 55 mph I had to adjust the trim tabs down just a bit. Ended up with the batteries all the way back too. She rides on the last 2 inches of hull with a nice stance on top of the water.

Have pictures of how far your tabs are adjusted down?

I've been running with the batteries about an inch shy of the front of the battery trays and that seems to keep the aerobatics to a minimum. Still a little loose when I run over ripples or my own wake. I agree, probably should add a little more trim tab, but I hate the amount of flex they put on the transom when you put a little force into them so I'm waiting until I get some proper adjustable tabs installed.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Have pictures of how far your tabs are adjusted down?

I've been running with the batteries about an inch shy of the front of the battery trays and that seems to keep the aerobatics to a minimum. Still a little loose when I run over ripples or my own wake. I agree, probably should add a little more trim tab, but I hate the amount of flex they put on the transom when you put a little force into them so I'm waiting until I get some proper adjustable tabs installed.
    I'll get some pics this weekend.

Just installed a tp4060 1950kv can't wait to see the results!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Just installed a tp4060 1950kv can't wait to see the results!
    Nice. You were running a 1915 prop right? What are you going to use with the new motor?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I still plan on running the 1915 . It was a great prop for this boat but we'll see maybe I can prop up just a little

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    I still plan on running the 1915 . It was a great prop for this boat but we'll see maybe I can prop up just a little
    If you do, I'll buy the 1915 if you want to move it. I'm running a 1914 that's working out well, but might like a little more for the calm days.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'm running a dasboata 2214 on mine stock motor and a 180 amp speed control. I'm running 72 to 74 mph.I have been running this set up for about a year.I have 60c 500ma batterys and run them to low voltage cut off nothing gets hot

Should be 5000ma

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    I'm running a dasboata 2214 on mine stock motor and a 180 amp speed control. I'm running 72 to 74 mph.I have been running this set up for about a year.I have 60c 500ma batterys and run them to low voltage cut off nothing gets hot
    Furreal? Not 62-64mph? The fastest speed I've seen reported on that prop with a stock motor was 62mph and you're 10+mph over that. That would definitely be the stock motor record (by a LOT) if it's not a typo. Arrover only managed 72mph with the same prop using a Leopard 4092-1730kv motor.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

72 to 74 mph I run my boat very loose.I was talking to arrover at the time. I checked the speed with 2 gps.I'm trying to r ember I think it ran 66 67 mph with a 457 octura prop.I remember the drive is raised a lot and the right tab is level the left tab is about 2mm above level the bottom of the hull is sanded with 380 grit.I set my boat up like we set up our nitro drag boat and our alcohol flat bottom we ran those very very loose.I haven't run this boat in a while been playing with my zelos 36

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    72 to 74 mph I run my boat very loose
    dayum. Post up in this thread, again, and get your stamp.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I ran the boat today with the tp4060 and 1915 prop. The boat was Kinda loose but I did get 71mph. I feel she's got a few more mph in her with some adjustments

What are you using for batteries on the c rating.

fwease, I' ll get those pics this weekend if you still want them

Quote Originally Posted by Revolt Flash View Post
    75c

Thanks

fwease, I' ll get those pics this weekend if you still want them
    Sure, post them up. I just installed new trim tabs last night, but haven't finished adjusting them.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'm glad this thread is active again. Just slapped in a 4092 Leo and a T180 v2 in it. Just gotta get her in the water.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

65c and 70c
    5000 mah
    80 amp draw continuous
    Thunder tiger and gens ace lipo is the best
    pulse 65c are ok but they will puff after 20 runs

Finished installing the Speedmaster 1.5" trim tabs that I got from OSE. Nothing major, but now there's a fair bit more fine adjustment and I can easily match both sides. I also don't have to worry about flexing the transom when bending the stockers. No drilling needed, bolt pattern was the same, but I did have to enlarge two of the holes so I could use the larger hardware. I actually ended up using the original stainless tabs with the new aluminum adjusters. The tabs included with the kit were a little too stiff and needed to be redrilled in order to sit 1/16" above the bottom of the hull. I also had to cut down the right side adjuster screw so it wouldn't interfere with the rudder mount.

2016-11-05 21.22.32.jpg2016-11-05 21.22.51.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Very nice fweasel!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Keagan-Z06, I have the same setup Leo 4092 1730 kv 180 esc only getting 60 mph[X452 prop] out of it right now. If I run bigger then a M445 prop I have issues. Been running this for about two months and having issues with cutting off at wot after about 3 seconds. Tried running lvc turned off [no longer run time then 3 min.] Running 2x3s and even ran 2x3s in parallel to check for voltage drop and amp draw. Sent one 180 esc back and they one sent me a new one and still having the same issues I even added caps to the esc. I saw that arrover has been running this for a while and never mention this as a issue[his article convinced me to do this, lol] and killerbob mention he saw this with different batts one time but I'm not sure how he cured this. I changed transmitters and receivers also. I can run the 3 minutes on and off throttle with no issues until 3 seconds of wot. Almost acts like I need a bigger esc. Open for suggestions and comments. Thanks

What kind of batteries are you using, how old, and what's their C rating?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Keagan-Z06, I have the same setup Leo 4092 1730 kv 180 esc only getting 60 mph[X452 prop] out of it right now. If I run bigger then a M445 prop I have issues. Been running this for about two months and having issues with cutting off at wot after about 3 seconds. Tried running lvc turned off [no longer run time then 3 min.] Running 2x3s and even ran 2x3s in parallel to check for voltage drop and amp draw. Sent one 180 esc back and they one sent me a new one and still having the same issues I even added caps to the esc. I saw that arrover has been running this for a while and never mention this as a issue[his article convinced me to do this, lol] and killerbob mention he saw this with different batts one time but I'm not sure how he cured this. I changed transmitters and receivers also. I can run the 3 minutes on and off throttle with no issues until 3 seconds of wot. Almost acts like I need a bigger esc. Open for suggestions and comments. Thanks
    Hey man, I am running 1480kv, haven't ran it yet but if the weather holds up today I'll give it a go. I had that exact problem of ESC cutting out in my Zonda, I am running T180 V2 ESCs in that. I disabled LVC and selected the Lipo count manually and it hasn't count out yet. I figured it would after my 70+ run in that boat but it didn't, I have not done all this with my Voracity but now that you mention it, its best to do that before.

Just a heads up. I'm about to post a bare hull and hardware for sale cheap. Check the for sale section soon
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Started with a set of Venom 5000mah 100c but they were old and a little puffy so I disposed of them. Now I have a set of new lecton 50c 5200mah that I have been running[2x3s=22.2volts]. Yesterday I ran 4 Traxxas 25c 5000mah[2x3s] plus [2x3s] in parallel to see if that would help.
    Last edited by Revolt Flash; 11-07-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast