I promised some guys in the voracity thread I'd create a thread on tuning and modding this awesome rtr boat I just got. Well here it is. Here's my plans:

First I want to see if there's anything to be had with different props. I also want to see what we can do with tweaking the stock prop (which is a good prop to begin with. There might be a few other tweaks I'm gonna try. I also want to encourage everyone else to share their findings. This thread isn't just for me, it's for everyone.

First things first. I already know there's a gain to be had with timing. However, the factory Esc (as good as it is) doesn't like it. So I had the perfect candidate to throw in there and get to testing. I may put the factory one back after I'm done testing, but just for safety's sake I'm going to be using a little higher amp Esc. While I was putting the Esc in I went ahead and changed the motor bullets to 6.5mm castle bullets. I mainly did this because it makes swapping things simple because I use these on everything. Next I used castle 6.5mm green connectors. That's what most of my batteries have so why not?

I plan on doing some running this weekend if the rain stops. Here she is after I made some changes.....I re routed the cooling lines and had to reglue the trim ring for the cooling hose. It felt loose and was moving a little as I was messing with cooling lines. No big deal, pulled it out and smeared a little silicon on it to hold it in place and seal it.