Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The Voracity tuning thread

Thanks a lot fweasel!!!!

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi to all , with all stock thats my best with Tppower prop 46 x 1.4 - Sls lipo 5000mah 65/130C (2x 3S) 492gr each -

km/h... my heart skipped a beat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Sorry..I m Italian. .😉😆 forget to change kmh in miles...

Tapatalk

Hope to solve my straight line issues by blueprinting the hull and removing some pretty severe hooks. Srislash recommended 3M glazing putty for the task. I put on 4 coats, sanding with 220grit in between each coat, and did a final sand with 400grit. Still have a few low spots around the end of the strakes that I'll try and build up tomorrow morning on round two. This was my first attempt at blueprinting a hull. Not too hard, just messy.

2018-02-24 12.16.33.jpg 2018-02-24 12.46.00.jpg 2018-02-24 17.22.29.jpg 2018-02-24 19.28.54.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Use a decent primer Ryan, well just hit it with primer. You are likely to have the odd pinhole/air bubble and they are easiest to deal with at with primer

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Use a decent primer Ryan, well just hit it with primer. You are likely to have the odd pinhole/air bubble and they are easiest to deal with at with primer
    Will do. Too cold for paint work at the moment so that step will be a while.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Afternoon Guys, Newbie here, Just bought a Voracity, still stock, running 6s. I found in a box from years ago an X442R, and an X437/3. Can either of these be used on this stock boat without burning up anything? And is there a forum thread that can explain to me how to calculate props for myself? Thank you for your time.

The X437/3 is really to small a prop on a 36" boat, the x442R prop is of the wrong rotation ( clockwise rotation ). You can't run the motor in the clockwise direction as the flex shaft is not wound for clockwise rotation, if you try running it in that rotation you will unwind the flex shaft.

More like a 447/3 on this boat
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    More like a 447/3 on this boat
    Yep, good prop on this boat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks Guys, I will pick up a 447/3 soon

Quote Originally Posted by saber7469 View Post
    Thanks Guys, I will pick up a 447/3 soon
    There's the rub, the Octura version is hard to find as the mold has been broken for some time now. You can get a 450/3 and have it cut down to 47mm, with a little more pitch than the 447/3.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I am running the Leopard 4092 1730kv motor w/ABC 2214-10-50(2) prop polished by Dasboata with my new Turnigy 180A ESC. I installed new adjustable trim tabs & turn fins from RCBB. With my GPS I am getting right around 60mph and the boat completely loses control and constantly shoots to the right at high speeds. I measured the new trim tabs and they are both level to each other and they are set just a mm or two down to help dig in. Any idea why this setup it making my boat go way to the right? The radio and rudder trim is calibrated to 0 but I have to hold the steering way left to keep the boat straight. At full plane/fast speed it shoots way off to the right. Arrover ran this setup on youtube with an off the shelf prop and got 72mph with no mentioning of the boat raking to the right at any speed. My boat should have been faster than his with Dasboata smoothing mine. Any ideas? I will try my previous Octura x452 prop on the new setup this weekend but last I checked I couldnt get past 58.2mph.
    Last edited by Steve069; 06-11-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    [Pro-Boat Voracity 36-E] [Volantex Angry Shark 798-2]
    [Feilun FT-011] [UDI Tempo 002]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve069 View Post
    I am running the Leopard 4092 1730kv motor w/ABC 2214-10-50(2) prop polished by Dasboata with my new Turnigy 180A ESC. I installed new adjustable trim tabs & turn fins from RCBB. With my GPS I am getting right around 60mph and the boat completely loses control and constantly shoots to the right at high speeds. I measured the new trim tabs and they are both level to each other and they are set just a mm or two down to help dig in. Any idea why this setup it making my boat go way to the right? The radio and rudder trim is calibrated to 0 but I have to hold the steering way left to keep the boat straight. At full plane/fast speed it shoots way off to the right. Arrover ran this setup on youtube with an off the shelf prop and got 72mph with no mentioning of the boat raking to the right at any speed. My boat should have been faster than his with Dasboata smoothing mine. Any ideas? I will try my previous Octura x452 prop on the new setup this weekend but last I checked I couldnt get past 58.2mph.
    My Voracity pulls a little to the right and even after I make adjustments on the radio it still pulls. I started to look at the stock rudder and noticed it's not perfectly straight.. but a bit off when they drilled the holes
    from the factory. Did your boat pull to the right at all before these mods? I can't imagine the trim tabs causing it.. I also have aftermarket trim tabs I bought off here.. the expensive aluminum ones.

does anybody have the newest hull ? believe it has the brace across the hull and the black supports at the transom ? do they help ? looking to pick one up this week amd hopefully find a good prop that on stock setup will run around 60mph .. there is a lot of props being thrown around and not sure what wks at that speed level on here now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckY07 View Post
    My Voracity pulls a little to the right and even after I make adjustments on the radio it still pulls. I started to look at the stock rudder and noticed it's not perfectly straight.. but a bit off when they drilled the holes
    from the factory. Did your boat pull to the right at all before these mods? I can't imagine the trim tabs causing it.. I also have aftermarket trim tabs I bought off here.. the expensive aluminum ones.
    Mine did not pull to the right stock. After changing the motor/esc/trim tabs/turn fins/even larger prop is when the problem started. Looking back I probably did what I always do with hot rodding, too many mods at the same time which makes diagnostics difficult. I think the 2214 prop is simply too big and is causing it. I switched back to the x452 and the problem was gone. Also, the 2214 makes my ESC so hot it melts the adhesive sticking it to the hull. The prop is either just way too much for this boat or the ESC is not strong enough. When I say hot I mean it will burn you after just doing a few passes. So I am probably looking at changing to a more efficient ESC with the larger prop or keep the esc and switch to a dual pickup rudder and use the smaller prop. Either way it seems this boat is stuck around 60mph and 70 is a pipe dream. No idea how Arrover got those speeds on youtube with his.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoshosp2 View Post
    does anybody have the newest hull ? believe it has the brace across the hull and the black supports at the transom ? do they help ? looking to pick one up this week amd hopefully find a good prop that on stock setup will run around 60mph .. there is a lot of props being thrown around and not sure what wks at that speed level on here now.
    Yes mine is the new(er) style. Has the brace and also the break-away rudder. I had to trim that rear brace with a dremel to get my larger motor to fit in the boat. Just letting you know bone stock the boat is only going to go about 45mph. The prop I used to get to 58.3mph was the Octura x452 which was also balanced and polished by a friend. I used the upgraded flex cable too but everything else was stock. New setup with hundreds of dollars in aftermarket parts and I am almost 1mph slower.

Hi guys jumping in here.
    I have a stock Voracity. I am looking for a prop for it that a good all around with good speed. Not a straight away prop as. We race these. Like to hit 60 mph or better keeping everything cool.
    Any suggestion Appreicated. Great thread and thank you . Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmen77 View Post
    Hi guys jumping in here.
    I have a stock Voracity. I am looking for a prop for it that a good all around with good speed. Not a straight away prop as. We race these. Like to hit 60 mph or better keeping everything cool.
    "keeping everything cool" while being stock & hitting 60mph is most likely not going to happen...A balanced Octura x452 got me to 58.3 but was definitely warmer than with the stock prop. I switched to a larger motor/esc & an even bigger 2214 prop hand balanced by Dasbota and gained a whopping increase of 1mph over the previous setup which was stock w/ a x452 prop. Good luck.

Anybody make head way over the 70mph ? I’m gonna try a tp4070 2050kv and a 250a esc

I haven't ran mine in over a year but the last run was 74 mph all stock but the prop a dasboata aka Chris Hoffmann octura x455. I'm sure that he has a ABC prop that would be better now many a ABC 2214 or a 2314.I run my boats very loose also

Quote Originally Posted by kyoshosp2 View Post
    Anybody make head way over the 70mph ? I’m gonna try a tp4070 2050kv and a 250a esc
    I run a tp4060 1750kv
    300 st
    648 prop cupped
    74mph plus
    8s
    It can do 80 mph with rite driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmen77 View Post
    Hi guys jumping in here.
    What temps are you hoping for bud?
    Nice and cool = what in your opinion?
    Racing for 6 laps will build some heat trying to run 60+mph on the stock electronics.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    I haven't ran mine in over a year but the last run was 74 mph all stock but the prop a dasboata aka Chris Hoffmann octura x455. I'm sure that he has a ABC prop that would be better now many a ABC 2214 or a 2314.I run my boats very loose also
    Laying the smack down with those speeds Steve! 74mph is Haulin' it with this big heavy boat! Great Job!
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

You have to run the very loose and throw caution to the wind the last run at 74 I could see daylite under the boat.I thought the heck it's only money

The tp4070 has a 54000rpm limit unless I go the cm route and it will do 75000rpm for 10 seconds .. I’m just not sure what prop can handle that rpm lol . Will be on 6s and be the 2000 kv unless I go cm motor and will be 2700kv .. propping will be my main concern . Like where to start with that big of motor and not get crazy tq roll
    Last edited by kyoshosp2; 09-22-2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Typo

All stock ??? 74 on stock motor and esc ?

Yes you have to run it very loose and not care if you destroy the boat.I have set up boats all my life.I raced the real nitro drag boats and alcohol flat bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve069 View Post
    Pretty hefty prop was that my pick ? send it back I'll make you something smaller could be the speed problem but as far as darting to the right sounds like bow steer or a weak servo

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast