Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voracity tuning thread

Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    That's kind of what I expected to hear. Really awesome though!
    Thanks! The trim tabs are totally worth it. Made dialing in the boat very easy. And Bonus... They look awesome!

OK so, the best highest speed prop so far is the abc 1815 at 59mph? Kfxguy when do you think you will be able to run your other props?

I have a Dasboata abc 1914 on the way that I will be testing next weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    OK so, the best highest speed prop so far is the abc 1815 at 59mph? Kfxguy when do you think you will be able to run your other props?

I'll run it again more this coming weekend. I will tell you this, the prop Diameter vs depth makes a difference too. You can't really adjust depth on this boat. The 1815 didn't fair so well on my boat for some reason.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Here's a short video as promised. My 6 year old videoed it too. He did an excellent job too!

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Waiting for mine FedEx mix up,be here Tuesday. Wondering if this thing might like more diameter and less pitch like m447 or x448 octura hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Waiting for mine FedEx mix up,be here Tuesday. Wondering if this thing might like more diameter and less pitch like m447 or x448 octura hmmmm.
    Mike I have an M447 I can try this weekend as well.

yes im really curious on how the boat will do on a m447 or a x646-x648

yes im really curious on how the boat will do on a m447 or a x646-x648
    I'll test that for you in the next few days

Can't wait to run mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I forgot to add. It seemed very very sensitive to trim tab position. When I had them flat, it would not bounce. And slight angle up and the nose would porpoise. Almost flipped it a couple times.

I'm having a hard time with this. I want to keep this thing as stock as possible but then I have drawers in my tool box full of motors and escs. I guess I'm gonna have to wait. But I'm getting antsy.
    Ditto

I'll test that for you in the next few days
    Thank you! I want to order a prop so bad but going to wait for your test

Thank you! I want to order a prop so bad but going to wait for your test
    I'll be running it again this weekend. In my opinion a x648 will be too much pitch. I bet a m447 is going to work well.

I'll be running it again this weekend. In my opinion a x648 will be too much pitch. I bet a m447 is going to work well.
    When you say the x648 is too much pitch what will that cause the boat to do?

When you say the x648 is too much pitch what will that cause the boat to do?
    Likely burn something up

Likely burn something up
    Are you thinking that it wouldn't work with the stock ESC (I think that's what Rafael has said already)? If the ESC was upgraded, would the x648 cause the stock motor problems? Sorry, I'm just trying to learn how these systems work together.

Yea the x648 is a bit too much for the stock Esc. Maybe with an upgraded Esc it would be ok but if I had to guess it won't be the fastest prop. I haven't seen it work well on anything yet. Many better choices than that prop too.

does anybody have an x646/3 converted to m series? maybe slightly round the tips, would like to hear how that prop runs, might be a little hot but, some monos like 3 bladed props.

id also like to see what you get from an m447/3 not sure if octura makes one but you can always detongue a x447/x

Thanks KFX. Very interesting. I think you said you're testing a ESC in your Voracity. How many amps is it?

id also like to see what you get from an m447/3 not sure if octura makes one but you can always detongue a x447/x
    I can tell what you get with that with the factory ESC on 6S.... dangling connectors on the motor leads... at least with the X447/3 that I normally run on my IM31 w/1500KV on 4S.
    20150823_140554.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I can tell what you get with that with the factory ESC on 6S.... dangling connectors on the motor leads... at least with the X447/3 that I normally run on my IM31 w/1500KV on 4S.
    20150823_140554.jpg
    what makes you say that? a x447/3 has less overall pitch than a x645 which people say they are running. 6s is greek to me but it seemed like it was in line with other props folks are running. Not saying run it for 6 min straight but I would think you could make a few passes.

Your 447 is pitched up pretty good by the looks of it.

Pretty simple math, really...

6S= 6×3.7V= 22.2v. That's assuming some excellent cells.

22.2V x 1650KV = 36,630 RPM

An X447/3 is listed at 2.590". Assuming that a well prepped stock prop has around 30% Slip...

The Theoretical speed with this prop at that RPM is 61.xxx MPH.

Since I haven't read anyone getting there yet, and most are trying even higher pitched props, one can assume that the lost speed is going somewhere. It's usually in heat.

Heat kills. :-)

Plus.... I was one of the original testers and I tried it with the expected results. Solder in the bottom of the hull and desoldered motor leads.

Yes... that prop has considerably more pitch and less slip.

Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    Thanks KFX. Very interesting. I think you said you're testing a ESC in your Voracity. How many amps is it?
    150a. It's been good so far.

150a. It's been good so far.
    What brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Pretty simple math, really...

6S= 6×3.7V= 22.2v. That's assuming some excellent cells.

22.2V x 1650KV = 36,630 RPM

An X447/3 is listed at 2.590". Assuming that a well prepped stock prop has around 30% Slip...

The Theoretical speed with this prop at that RPM is 61.xxx MPH.

Since I haven't read anyone getting there yet, and most are trying even higher pitched props, one can assume that the lost speed is going somewhere. It's usually in heat.

Heat kills. :-)

Plus.... I was one of the original testers and I tried it with the expected results. Solder in the bottom of the hull and desoldered motor leads.

Yes... that prop has considerably more pitch and less slip.
    It says a lot for the ESC that it didn't burn up, and the solder on the motor connectors gave out first, with that large 3 blade prop on 6s. I bet it was really fast for a very short time, lol.

Good to see all the stuff happening in both this, and the other thread.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    It says a lot for the ESC that it didn't burn up, and the solder on the motor connectors gave out first, with that large 3 blade prop on 6s. I bet it was really fast for a very short time, lol.
    It was certainly "FUN" with that prop. The ESC held up just fine!

Should have no problem with a m447 or a x448

Ran my boat on maiden voyage s&b stock prop but tossed it in my prop box for backup. Went with m447 boat Ran flawlessly. Only thing I did was sharpen rudder, turn fins. Ran batteries(revolectric) 3s 5500 silver 1/2 in from rear did not touch any other adjustment. Did not GPS all electronic were cool. Love this boat...

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Ran my boat on maiden voyage s&b stock prop but tossed it in my prop box for backup. Went with m447 boat Ran flawlessly. Only thing I did was sharpen rudder, turn fins. Ran batteries(revolectric) 3s 5500 silver 1/2 in from rear did not touch any other adjustment. Did not GPS all electronic were cool. Love this boat...
    Did the boat seem faster with the stock prop or the 447?

Don't know did not run stock prop, sorry will next run...

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast