Thread: 29" skunkworks vee hull

Talking 29" skunkworks vee hull

building a 29" skunkworks vee running a 6xl and 120 hydra. any input as to where to mount the motor I have heard this hull likes to run a little heavy towards the transom thanks for any input

On mine the motor is in the middle of the hatch openning but I think it is better to have the motor as close as possible to the transom, for these type of stepless hull IMO there are two ways to look at it, if you race, the water will not be dead flat, because of waves generated by other boats, so the hull will not "stick" to the water, if you do sport/fun run then the hull will tend to stick to the water if there's no waves, in this situation, from what I've read but not tested yet on mine, it is important to have the COG pretty far in the back (20-25%) and the prop pointing down 1° or so, the goal here is to have a thrust/COG balance that take the hull out of the water while staying horizontal and avoiding blow over or "noze high" attitude.
    hope this help!
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

On my one i have the COG about 32-35%. My boat has not trouble running wet, i have got it to a stage now were i can trim it how i want it. I run a feigao 9xl and 4s1p 4500mah Poly RC lipos from rclipos.com.
    How many cells are you going to be using on the 6XL?
    Heres a pic of the inside of my boat.

Tyler.

6XL would be more appropriate for a 25"
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

4s lipo but i also have an ammo 36-50-2300 and one of those cheep mystery 100 amp esc set up what do you think? I would like to keep the xl and hydra for a small cat build

Thumbs up

thanks Ed,Tyler this helps a lot I only want to use the vee for sport I will keep my cats for race