Thread: M Crew Rudder repair. Tips wanted

Default M Crew Rudder repair. Tips wanted

So I picked up this used MC today to replace my Geico , and went home, did some work on it prepping it for the first test run.

Went to my ( for the last 3 years) spot, and got about 20 Seconds before I hit what must have been a Fish just belowe surface, hole boat went under , and popped up again, With the rudder torn off.

Now unlike the Geico were the rudder screws go all the way into the battery tray, these have molded in plastic tread type of thing. You all know from owning this boat

So anybody have had same misshapp and did some repair to the boat, ore did the rudder in another way ? I still have some threads all the way back 'in there' so I'm popping out tomorrow to get some longer screws to se if it holds up, but I really think it needs more permanent repair. Drilling all the way into the 'tray' and back it With a thin Board type , but it seems lower rudder screw hole will come in belowe mold for servo .

thanks for looking

( oh and I have break away bolt... just did not put it on ... )
    Drammen rock City

i had an lucas oil and with that boat those bolts actually go in a threaded aluminium piece that's glued to the transom