Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE fastest Cheetah. Ever.

Default THE fastest Cheetah. Ever.

I think this is legitimately the fastest fightercat cheetah. I'm excited I had a big part in this. I'm pretty proud to say the least!

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Here's the best run of the day. In the video above the drive dog was hitting the strut. He backed the flex out some. Very next pass......

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Many thanks to Travis on this build. i think this record will hold for a while.

Awesome job! That thing turns like its on a rail as well... WOW!
    BlackJack-Miss Geico 29 V3 Leopard 4074 2200KV 78mph on GPS so far- FE Fun boat
    JAE 21GT B Hydro outrigger, Whiplash B Sport Hydro-Nitro Race Boats District-14
    www.ABMods.com

That's rippin' ! good job.

we are going to make some runs demonstrating
    how awesome this boat turns. it is amazing
    Last edited by Bduncan; 07-29-2015 at 07:45 PM. Reason: punctuation

Oh trust me I know how good they turn, this is mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlCxsirqQY

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Oh trust me I know how good they turn, this is mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlCxsirqQY
    Well there was some people that thought it was a saw only boat. We never intended to go this fast anyway. He just wanted to see what it would do on 8s.

I have turned this boat 180 degrees at 50 in 7feet. it handles great. now that we know it can be a legit sport runner at 73-75mph on 7s the oval guys better start looking at cheetahs.

Here is a video of it pulling a 10g turn coming off of an 80mph run
    http://youtu.be/vxTQsDvTIY0

Quote Originally Posted by Bduncan View Post
    Here is a video of it pulling a 10g turn coming off of an 80mph run
    http://youtu.be/vxTQsDvTIY0
    How do you figure 10G??

was off the top of my head. but assuming
    I was going 40mph and the turn took 10 feet. i suspect the math works. http://www.rcpro.org/rccalc/GForce.aspx

It's funny how the math worked out. Maybe i was thinking i had 10gs IN this boat.

It's funny how the math worked out. Maybe i was thinking i had 10gs IN this boat.
    You just might!

Not really lol

That is smoking, good job you two. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    That is smoking, good job you two. I love it.
    Thanks! I just hope my new 34" mono can keep up

paint your mono white and we can call the ebony and follow me

IDK, somebody might concider that racist....

It was white, green now....and I hope you like green because it's gonna leave green stripes on that cheetah hahaha!

Here's the cheetah doing a couple laps. The only thing changed is it has 6s in it. It averages 64-66mph in this trim.

Man, you have some nice little rocket! It looks so much stable! Keep the great work!!!
    Cheer !

Dsssaaam dude, THAT is sweet!!
    Your accomplishments are impressive, and thanks for being part of the nutty community.

Can you share some of the setup?
    - Lehener motor, what size and wind?
    - 8S, right?
    - Your own mod ball bearing strut
    - What prop?
    - Strut set how far up, an is it angled?
    - Did you mod the last step in the hull?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

I'll have to do some turns on 7s. i think the boat would have handled this radius or close wide open on 7s. 72-74mph

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    Dsssaaam dude, THAT is sweet!!
    Your accomplishments are impressive, and thanks for being part of the nutty community.

Can you share some of the setup?
    - Lehener motor, what size and wind?
    - 8S, right?
    - Your own mod ball bearing strut
    - What prop?
    - Strut set how far up, an is it angled?
    - Did you mod the last step in the hull?

The hull is unmodified. I was asked by the owner not to share the particulars on this build and I must respect his request. Him and I have worked hard to get this boat to this level and I do appreciate the compliments. It was not easy to dial this boat in to this level of performance and hopefully he realizes why I kept the dang thing so long. Now that we've got to this point I think it's go more in it and I'm getting another one for myself. This thing handles chop and going over its own wake like nothing. I'm very very impressed with this boat. It can do it all. There is a bit more to it than strut height, angle and prop. The prop is nothing special and I did it myself. The strut is a ball bearing strut that I setup. All of my cheetahs get this strut now. It's highly efficient and just plain works.

Travis did a fine job. This is what I am willling to share about this boat. Other than the Lehner motor everything else is pretty common on this build. What makes Travis a special builder is the fact that he can pick up 1mph and .5mph from 6 or 7 mods or proprietary setups and designs. Having said that, on an additive basis this translates into some big improvements in speed and performance. If you want the best, he's not fast and he's not cheap. He won't do low quality builds fast cheap or period for that matter. So if you want something special and a guy that will email you and in many cases speak to you personally along the way, he's the man. Under promises and over delivers by a mile.

And it just ocurred to me, if anyone takes my advice, I probably just screwed myself for another build anytime soon.

Cheers and thank you all for the nice comments. The culture of this forum is second to none.

Really makes me wanna toss my 4070 in n let her rip on mine....very sweet riding boat. I wonder how it'll handle race chop though at those speeds
    HPR 135 redemption, HPR C5009, modded zelos 36, 32 boats and counting.
    Flier ESC dealer, pm me for details.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/EliteRCBoats/

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fst98 View Post
    Really makes me wanna toss my 4070 in n let her rip on mine....very sweet riding boat. I wonder how it'll handle race chop though at those speeds

I'm building another one with a tp 4070 and a sf300 lite. It ought to haul.

this 2 pole Lehner is good for speed runs and a little sport boating. on 7s i think a few laps in low 70s is doable with great turning. if were going to race this boat i would drop in a 1530 1.5d neu. this cheetah can turn better than what is nec for oval runs. but to say i can run it on 7s and 8s with the lehner for a while is probably beyond the intended set up.

this 2 pole Lehner is good for speed runs and a little sport boating. on 7s i think a few laps in low 70s is doable with great turning. if were going to race this boat i would drop in a 1530 1.5d neu. this cheetah can turn better than what is nec for oval runs. but to say i can run it on 7s and 8s with the lehner for a while is probably beyond the intended set up.

Andreas Lehner told me this motor was intended for mostly full throttle operation, basically straight speed runs, which is mainly what he's doing right now. He told me when we rebuilt this boat that he wanted the fastest cheetah, ever. So that's what I did. The neu would be almost as fast but be more suited to oval running.

Well said master builder. I guess I shouldn't respond anymore and let my agent/builder address all questions. haha
    Last edited by Bduncan; 08-05-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast