Thread: Video of a cheetah I built 66.1mph

Default Video of a cheetah I built 66.1mph

I built this boat for for a customer who we ended up being friends. He only loves an hour from me. So he brought the boat to me to make some changes. He wanted a mgm Esc and a lehner motor installed in it. He had a 1521 and a castle ice 240, the 240 went out and then he got a sf300 lite. He had some program issues with it and decided to give up on it and do the mgm. So I ordered the Esc and motor for him and while waiting I toasted the same motor and Esc in my mono so I got a little Leary of running that little Esc. Decided for now to keep the sf300 in it after getting the programming right on it. So now I'm in tuning mode on it. I'm pretty excited because I've got this one to go faster than my own cheetah and now it's faster on 6s than it was on 8s with the 1577kv 1521. It's still got a lot left in it as its running really wet. I suspect part of its due to the rear ride pad being at a big upward angle towards the front of it. Kind of a known issue that I just didn't want to admit was there. Well it is and I'm experiencing the woes of it. I have an idea to fix it tho. Here's a video of it, I flipped it this time because I was driving it with one hand while videoing. I never flipped it before this or after and I kept driving it after. My fault. She's rock steady but like I said way too wet running.

This pic of the gps was NOT after the flip. I don't ever count a speed when I have it flip.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

That is a solid boat! Nicely done! Maybe, one day, my twin motor will get to those speed and handling level!

Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    That is a solid boat! Nicely done! Maybe, one day, my twin motor will get to those speed and handling level!

Thanks! This boat is a frigging blast to drive. I wish I hand my sold mine now. O well. It's going to a good home. I could show how it turns like its on rails because I can't drive well with my one hand. My son didn't want to get out in the heat today (97f and feels like 110f!) so I had to do it myself. I wasn't even going to video it but after driving it for a few minutes I just had to do I could share. The thing looks so good out on the water. After looking at the video several times it looked like as I went back over its own wake I nailed it and it came up and blew over.

I pulled the data log on it. 240 amps max when I nail it and 160 amps through the passes. Not too bad.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Is this a lot amps, or the normal for cats running those speed?

Is this a lot amps, or the normal for cats running those speed?

I don't think it's too bad. Especially for a two pole motor.

Ok! So i should not expect those amps level on a twin motor cat. Right? Understanding and estimating amp draw is still a nightmare for me.

Ok! So i should not expect those amps level on a twin motor cat. Right? Understanding and estimating amp draw is still a nightmare for me.
    That depends on motor, kv, props, how wet its running....a lot of things. Dialed in, it should be a little easier on things but I'm sure your using smaller motors so that has something to do with it too. In short, it should be but all depends on several factors.

Thanks for the info man! I'll try to figure it out, keeping all those factors in mind!

Basically... It takes X amount of Watts to push a boat at a given speed. If you have twin motors each side they share that load. In my Shocker hull I would pull 120'ish amps off the start and 80 thru the pass per side.
    There is more flex, prop friction, and weight but more thrust as well.
    So not quite half the wattage per side but not to far off either.

Sorry to bud in here Travis but I thought I could shed some
    Light.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Basically... It takes X amount of Watts to push a boat at a given speed. If you have twin motors each side they share that load. In my Shocker hull I would pull 120'ish amps off the start and 80 thru the pass per side.
    There is more flex, prop friction, and weight but more thrust as well.
    So not quite half the wattage per side but not to far off either.

Sorry to bud in here Travis but I thought I could shed some
    Light.
    No worries at all. Glad you did. The twin ordeal will be another learning curve for me but I think I can handle it.

I weighed this boat. It is very heavy for it size. I thought my mono was heavy at 9.7lbs lol....

Looks very good! Running nice and flat and looks like it will turn very well!
    BlackJack-Miss Geico 29 V3 Leopard 4074 2200KV 78mph on GPS so far- FE Fun boat
    JAE 21GT B Hydro outrigger, Whiplash B Sport Hydro-Nitro Race Boats District-14
    www.ABMods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blevins View Post
    Looks very good! Running nice and flat and looks like it will turn very well!

Thanks! It does turn very well. Here's the ever important interior pic lol

I have a cheetah as well ,a single with a tp4070 1650kv. What prop are you running ?